New Cloverfield trailer

Rabelais

First Post
Apple has a new Cloverfield trailer posted. I'm STILL waiting patiently. I'm a sucker for Kaiju, but jeez, I feel like I've been waiting for Cloverfield for a year now. Viral Marketing only works if you don't leave time for an antibody to develop.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
They certainly have kept it under wraps. The new trailer showing what looks to be smaller monsters or.. something.. is intriguing.

I will make a prediction that we never actually see the creature or force or whatever it is that can apparently knock (not blow or shoot) the head off the Statue of Liberty and send it careening into the city. What we will see will be the reactions of people to the effects of this invasion. Abrams has said it's not a Godzilla film, so... that leaves precious few things I can think of that wouldn't resemble Godzilla to a great degree. Cthulhu is a popular guess, but I think that's too outside the box, here.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
WayneLigon said:
Cthulhu is a popular guess, but I think that's too outside the box, here.

Have you seen the Mist? You can do something that is very much Cthulhu horrors, without worrying about whether the audience knows what they are.

Remove ads