• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC New D&D survey from WotC as part of the 50th anniversary year.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I dont see it that way. Again, the family acquired the product by normal means. It isnt the familys job to know corporate policy.

WotC made a mistake and felt no hesitation to lash out at a family.

I cant help but relate this to how WotC treats its workers.
They tried communicating and were brushed off. So they communicated directly. Again, less aggressive than suing, which they seem to have been able to do but hesitant.

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
They tried communicating and were brushed off. So they communicated directly. Again, less aggressive than suing, which they seem to have been able to do but hesitant.
Communicate what? We are going to steal your stuff that you legally purchased? Or we will send goons?

I forget the term. What is it called when a mafia does this? Racketeering? Something like that anyway.

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
Dear WotC,

What do we who love D&D do with a company, whose creatives − designers and artists − are awesome, but whose business executives seem to include a psychopath or two?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Eh, just pointing out that going by his own accounts (of which there were many; he altered his story every time the wind changed) it was more like "accidentally on purpose" - the whole thing looked pretty sketchy, and the fact that he was clearly either lying or having severe memory issues didn't really make him super credible.

Did they apologize to him? I don't recall that. It seemed more like "you can't have that stuff, but for the sake of PR we don't want to pursue it further so here is an equivalent value of legit product."

I agree with that. It was ridiculous. Especially given that the dude was not remotely credible (see above).
I had never heard that he changed his story and behaved in a sketchy manner before. Again, tryin to not derail the event but if you know of another thread on this topic with those details I'd love to read about them.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Communicate what? We are going to steal your stuff that you legally purchased?
Apparently that's not quite what happened? But, and this is the important part, they were not goons, this is not a 50s movie, and you're spinning for dramatic effect in a manner which doesn't relate well to reality.

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
Apparently that's not quite what happened? But, and this is the important part, they were not goons, this is not a 50s movie, and you're spinning for dramatic effect in a manner which doesn't relate well to reality.
Harassing elderly neighbors under false pretense to gather intel − and to socially embarrass? Having a family member in tears? Absconding with someone elses property by means of extortion − probably fraudulent legal trickery and intimidation?

This is the stuff that Pinkerton is historically infamous for.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads