New Generation Legacy, Issue 1: Back to School

Mimic

First Post
Jun Min, who followed the pair outside, looks down at Layla, looking relieved. She looks back into the food court, seeing some members of the local authorities taking care of the attackers, she frowns and concentrates. She sighs. "They're mercenaries, they don't know who hired them...just that he's a well-dressed Asian." She sighs again. "I don't believe this. I'm just glad everyone will be okay."

"Where they after us in particular or elites in general, because if it was us, then looks like you got a rat in your school. Its the only way they would know we were coming." John replies as he helps clean and look for injured people

Hammerhead

Explorer
Emmet glances backwards at Josee. "Are you okay," he asks, worried. "I think that we will be okay, since the police and other emergency personnel have arrived," he says, trying to reassure her.

"I suppose that we will be confined to the school until whoever planned the attack is known," he reasons with a frown. Even I find that situation troublesome; I should attempt to track down our assailants. If our attackers were planning a kidnapping, they must have had some way to transport their targets. Some kind of cargo van would suffice, but it would be difficult to maneuver it out of the chaos caused by the explosion. Alternatively, a deceptive measure could be used by appropriating an emergency response vehicle and using that to shuttle away their targets. Or a diversification strategy could be implemented by using a rental car and putting one person in the trunk of each automobile.

The explosion could be another lead in this cognitive investigation. The bomb was likely triggered by some kind of radio or cellular remote detonation. The phone may have been a throwaway, but it is worth checking into if I am able to work fast enough. That will require hacking into several phone companies to scan for calls placed within the minute of the high explosive...I could probably use the local phone listings to narrow down the search results,
Emmet mentally plans.

"I do not suppose that anyone here has a laptop computer with wireless internet access," he asks uncertainly.

Agamon

Adventurer
Jin Min frowns at Nick's joke, but doesn't reply to it. She does respond to John, though. "These people were at the mall all day. They were watching for staff members or obvious elites. The list of attending students wasn't really public knowledge. They must have recognized me and made the association to the rest of you." She shakes her head, more angry now. "So much for watching over you guys, I endangered your lives instead.

"Cody, I think the authorities are going to want to speak with us. The paramedics have their hands full, but they'll insist on helping, too,"

Emmet & Clover

"Hello, Clover, I'm glad you're all right," Clover's father responds. "We were just notified of the attack, actually. I understand local UN reps have been dispatched to the scene. It would be best to return to the school once they arrive, you'll be safest there. Be sure that we will do what we can to find those responsible for this. Be careful, love, talk to you soon."

Josee nods at Emmet. "I am okay. This is just all...too much," she says hesitantly.

"A laptop? Seriously? Like, why would someone be lugging one of those around at the mall?" Stacy says to Emmet with a grin.

Trilly listens to the conversation and considers what Emmett could do with some computer access if he had a moment or two. Curiosity made her want to see the brainy boy get to work.

"We could see if there is an internet cafe in the mall and check to see if it's open." Trilly says pointing towards a nearby mall map.

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Well, my laptop is significantly heavier than most others, but otherwise, why not," Emmet asks, curious.

"Heading to an internet cafe is a good idea...uh...I am afraid that I did not learn your name. Anyway, I would prefer to go there before joining up with Jun Min and the other students."

Trilly grins lazily. "For shame Emmett, you don't remember introductions? I'm Trilly Gardener." More likely he hadn't heard her introduce herself, being too busy with something else. He had the air of a deep thinker.

Shalimar

First Post
"I guess the locals are more on the ball off the scene than on it if they got notifications out this fast, hasn't been more than 20 minutes since the attack started...I think the guys behind it were pretty well organized, except fer gettin their arses handed to em by a bunch a teens. Lasers aren't exactly thick on the ground here abouts." Clover told her dad. "Tell mom and Dani I'm ok, I'm gonna go meet up with the rest of the students at the mall. Bye Da." the red head says before hanging up.

"I think its a bit more important to get back to the rest of the students than to look at girly pictures right now love. What exactly do you need a computer for now that can't wait? And don't you think most of the stores are closed from the bombing?"

Mimic

First Post
Nick shrugs and gently lifts Layla and takes her to the paramedics just in case, "Man everyone is so serious, we won."

John scowls at Nick's comment. "What do you mean, we won? What exactly did we win?" John responds angerly. "I am sure that Saba will be thrilled to hear that we won, but you might have to speak up a little partner, since her head isn't exactly attached to her body."

"Telll you what, you go explain to her parents that we won, I am sure that will make it all better for them." John continues tossing aside various debris with more effort then really needed.

"People have been hurt, people are dead. This is not a game."

Cody nods at Jun Min's words, not really liking them but accepting them nonetheless. But what good are the authorities if they were only arriving right now, after the trouble? He bites back the reply.

He's about to say something to Nick before another teen did it for him. Cody doesn't know who 'Saba' is...was, but his mind fills in enough of the grisly blanks. He nods on at what John has to say, "This guy's right Nick, what happened just now is not a game and we're not even sure it's over yet. We shouldn't rest until everyone is back safe and sound. Your friend over there almost died..." Cody trails off, his voice trading in its lecturing tone for something more gentle, "...I can tell you care for her, even though you've probably just met today. Please try to help us watch out for everyone else until this is over."

Walking back to Jun Min, Cody asks, "We're not sure who all is involved, I don't know if you've noticed but they've planned this very carefully. If Nick takes his friend to the paramedics, can you scan their thoughts just to make sure they're not with the badguys?"

Last edited:

Remove ads