• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Generation Legacy, Issue 2: A New day arrives

Vanifae

First Post
"The usual lot with Chinese and law on the side. You?"
Nick pulls out hi schedule, “The usual myself… I am taking some Arabic, last minute change; figured might as well learn something exotic while I am in Africa, the motherland. I really just want to get to the power training and sports… everything else is pretty lame… let me know if you need help spreading the word about the swim club.”

Samnell

Explorer
Nick pulls out hi schedule, “The usual myself… I am taking some Arabic, last minute change; figured might as well learn something exotic while I am in Africa, the motherland.

"Cool."

I really just want to get to the power training and sports… everything else is pretty lame… let me know if you need help spreading the word about the swim club.”

"The more spreading the word, the better!"

Mimic

First Post
Mary

You figure that finding your room mate may be more of a challenge then you originally thought considering all you have is a name to go by, but it does help. She is a girl so that cuts the choices by half and you figure that she is Eastern Europe or Russian from the name or at least you assume so, that leaves about 4 choices to pick from as you glance around the area.

One is sitting by herself, head down as if trying not to be noticed. Although you would probably place her more from the middle east then eastern Europe. Another is sitting with a boy that is clearly infatuated with her, whether she has noticed it or not your not to sure.

The last two are sitting with two boys, one is Asian the other is Spanish.

Nick

As you sit down, Yoshi pushes out his chair and is gone only to reappear with a glass of water a fraction of a second later. "Thought you would need this," he says handing it to you, "because you might need to douse the flames from that serious crash and burn man." He laughs as he starts to eat once again.

Jerry, Nick, Clover, Emmet

"Don't look at me, I just want to swim. The job is all yours Jerry." Amadi adds in with a smile. He turns to face Clover and Emmet. "Not sure if we met before, my names Amadi." He studies your faces for a minute before continuing, "you guys were as at the mall with Jerry when it was attacked weren't you? What happened anyways? There are a lot of rumors flying around."

Vanifae

First Post
Nick smirks at Yoshi, "Not a crash man, I careened off the highway driving nuns and ran right into a burning church... thanks though. But the day is young, and I am sure I will bounce back to my normal charming self in a few short moments."

Samnell

Explorer
"Don't look at me, I just want to swim. The job is all yours Jerry." Amadi adds in with a smile. He turns to face Clover and Emmet. "Not sure if we met before, my names Amadi." He studies your faces for a minute before continuing, "you guys were as at the mall with Jerry when it was attacked weren't you? What happened anyways? There are a lot of rumors flying around."

"Don't know, really. Some people came in and started shooting up the place. We stopped 'em."

Victim

First Post
Mary

You figure that finding your room mate may be more of a challenge then you originally thought considering all you have is a name to go by, but it does help. She is a girl so that cuts the choices by half and you figure that she is Eastern Europe or Russian from the name or at least you assume so, that leaves about 4 choices to pick from as you glance around the area.

One is sitting by herself, head down as if trying not to be noticed. Although you would probably place her more from the middle east then eastern Europe. Another is sitting with a boy that is clearly infatuated with her, whether she has noticed it or not your not to sure.

The last two are sitting with two boys, one is Asian the other is Spanish.

Not a huge problem, I want to meet everyone anyway. The class size here is so tiny I should be able to do that today. Let's talk to the lonely girl first.

Mary walks up to the middle eastern(?) girl's table and stands across from her. "Hi. I'm Mary Keller," she introduces herself. "Not having a very good morning?"

Hammerhead

Explorer
"The attack commenced with a large explosion at the food court; a lot of people killed got killed. I hear it was pretty horrible there," Emmet says, shuddering as he closes his eyes in remembrance of the carnage he glimpsed.

"In addition to the explosion, some criminals attacked using a combination of conventional firearms, ranged stun guns, and some kind of unreliable laser weaponry. One attempted to render Manjit unconscious with chloroform and kidnap her, but Raph," Emmet explains, gesturing towards where she left with Cody, "Was able to interfere with his efforts and stop him. There was also a large battle in what remained of the food court, and Cody engaged a lone gunman himself. I am afraid that I was unable to provide much assistance in this engagement."

"My theory is the attack's primary objective was to capture some number of Elites for some nefarious purpose, given the use of chloroform on Manjit and a tazer on Cody. The attack seemed well-prepared; they disabled the mall's security system and had one of their number employed in a sporting goods store we were visiting."

"I have been attempting to find out more about whoever was behind the attack, but as of yet my efforts have been unsuccessful. The best lead I have is the next-generation laser weaponry, but I was unable to secure one for study. Yet," Emmet adds firmly. He then looks around the cafeteria for his friend Manjit to see if she has arrived for breakfast yet.

Vanifae

First Post
"Don't know, really. Some people came in and started shooting up the place. We stopped 'em."
Nick nods, "Yeah beat a few down in the food court... but some people were not as luck as us, it was ugly. Never seen a dead body before, and never seen... it was nuts."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads