• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercucio

First Post
UK,

Was there an update today? I don't see one in my inbox but the recent chatter in this board implies there has been one.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Good question...I dont see one either.

Another question...

The Science Portfolio...will it cause "Magic" oriented deity template abilities (such as Alter Reality and Spell Resistance") to become psionic...or will it cause them to become either or (Alter Reality mimicking both psionics and spells, learned spell immunity applies to psionics, ect.).

I use the "Psionics Are Different" option and the "Evolution" option. Which are detailed in the SRD and the Expanded Psionics Handbook. I have never like the idea of psionics and magic being the same forces. Certainly they have similar results...but...saying they are the same is like calling an Apache Helicopter an SR71 Blackbird. They just aren't the same thing.

Another question...in terms of levels...what is the weakest divine status a character would have if they were...for example...500th level and didnt give a flying crap about becoming a deity or being worshiped...they just kinda ascend incidentally due to a gradual accumulation of quintessence over thousands upon thousands of years of battling gods and mortals alike.

Were talking a human Psion 250/Erudite 250.

And what powers would be considered esoteric for such a bad mo fo?

- Update - Can't wait to see it, bet it rocks.

Last edited:

Pssthpok

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Sorry guys, my fault. Update tomorrow for definite. :eek:

I hope that the one day difference you've set up for yourself isn't the only day in which any work is going into the update... otherwise why not just put up what you have now? :uhoh: Hopefully, the Portfolio reformatting will be complete, we'll see some Worship Through Fear text, and we can start calling it 'done', save for error correction and similar errata.

Hey all! :)

Okay I just updated. Its only got half the portfolio tables but I will be updating again on Tuesday 20th (6 days time) and I'll be sure to have ALL the text finished for that update and probably a few of the first illustrations.

I just gave it a look over.

The portfolios section is a bit easier to read and understand now, though you might want to include a blurb about what (x2 HD) or (immunities only 50% effective) means. Not everyone who will use ascension will read these forums :). The action summery is very convenient however. (Though perhaps you may want to list the "reflect" defense as always active, and include a note that any of the portfolio bonuses (but not penalties) may be 'turned off' at will. (Unless they can't, of course, or if it makes it too complicated)

Also, for the Double Ignore Cosmic String weakness - 2 artifacts eh? You may want to include a blurb about what criteria the artifacts need to meet. (Ex must represent the opposed portfolio, or wielded by your antithesis, or DM makes one up, etc) Though, this might better be covered in grimoire.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
So much to edit so little time. But you did great on what you have so far.

Ive noticed though that the demiurge needs a lot of work.

Alas a designers work is never done.

Speaking of which...when can we expect Gods and Monsters...getting twitchy. The left half of my brain is screaming for a vampire. Mayhaps if it's done you could email it to me?

Pssthpok

First Post
Hahahahahahaahahahahaha. Get over it, man. Go read some Anne Rice.

Seriously, though. The portfolio tables are clean and neat; I like that we get to see the Bogeyman in G&M. :) Are you solid on your 6 day deadline, or can we expect another two weeks between now and then. :p

WarDragon

First Post
Portfolio tables look good, barring a few typos, and the glaring lack of most of them. I kind of miss the detail that the old version went into, though.

And I do not see why everyone on the Internet has turned a bunch of parasitic corpses into fetish objects, I really don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads