• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
zen_hydra said:
Howdy U_K!

Hi zen_hydra mate! :)

I haven't checked in a while (since about the time of the last update on the Immortalshandbook site), but is there an Ascension update planned for anytime soon?

I'm so busy with the cover, and so close to having it finished that thoughts of an update will need to wait until then.

I can certainly appreciate that RL has gotten in your way.

I'm on the IH like white on rice this week. In fact I'd probably have had the cover done by today if I hadn't completely repainted Surtur these past two days because I didn't think I had enough detail on his skin (Surtur is the central figure of the cover so he needs to look great). As all the cover elements fall into place its really starting to shape up to look actually good.

I am just curious. I do see that there is still a lot of discussion going on in this thread (for good, or ill ;) ).

Yes, argument is clearly good for the (immortal?) soul.

Howdy Adslahnit mate! :)

Adslahnit said:
Quick fluff-related set of questions: When someone enters the Pleroma, Muzaloth, how big are they in comparison to the black dots that represent universes? Let's say a Medium-sized creature enters Muzaloth, how big would the dots be from his perspective assuming he's standing/floating right next to one?

Well technically that dimension doesn't necessarily have an x, y or z axis in the traditional sense, although someone entering this area may only be able to conceive of area using the lower dimensions.

In my estimation, once divorced from the lower dimensions, 'size' has to do with innate power. So the more powerful you are the bigger (or smaller) you'll be.

What happens if he touches one of the dots?

Well, I think touching one might do very little. But if you wound a time lord then you could be sucked into that time lords universe through the 'breach'.

What happens if he fires an [Effect] at one of them?

The time lord may or may not react depending on the power of the [Effect] in question.

Upper_Krust said:
Well technically that dimension doesn't necessarily have an x, y or z axis in the traditional sense, although someone entering this area may only be able to conceive of area using the lower dimensions.

So how does combat occur in Muzaloth then? Or is it even possible to fight in Muzaloth?

Upper_Krust said:
In my estimation, once divorced from the lower dimensions, 'size' has to do with innate power. So the more powerful you are the bigger (or smaller) you'll be.

So an ECL 1920 Time Lord would be as big as a dot (being a dot himself), while an ECL 640 First One would only be around 1/3rd as big as a dot? I know that power doesn't scale that way with the CR/ECL/EL system, of course.

Farealmer3

Explorer
f its the one about Sophism(?), didn't Alzrius (thanks dude) already answer it?
No, it was
Give me the level of a power that nullifies everything it touches, protects it's weilder from time travel(like slipstream), and provides a 360 degree sheild(that prevents teleporting attacks). That's all that's required, forget what has been posted if you don't want to judge an ability you've never seen. Just pretend am asking for a independent power.

mercucio

First Post
UK,

I hate to dreg this up again, but I've been working on a pantheon and have a question. If [bonus type][Mind] grants a bonus equal to your stat why should any martial deity ever waste a slot on True Strike? Most martial deities by stereotype may not be abnormally intelligent or wise, but they do tend to the charismatic (and thus the Heavenly series of divine abilities).

WarDragon

First Post
Because 40 Charisma can be tough to swing for lower ranked deities, if they're not leader types. And because [bonus] Mind stacks with True Strike.

The Light Eradication epic feat (25% chance of negating critical hit immunity), the Moderate Eradication divine ability (50% chance), and the Heavy Eradication cosmic ability (100% chance)... how would you price them as epic weapon special abilities? And to fill in the gap between 50% and 100%, how would you price a version that granted a 75% chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads