• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unearthed Arcana New UA: 43 D&D Class Feature Variants

The latest Unearthed Arcana is a big 13-page document! “Every character class in D&D has features, and every class gets one or more class feature variants in today’s Unearthed Arcana! These variants replace or enhance a class’s normal features, giving you new ways to enjoy your character’s class.”

The latest Unearthed Arcana is a big 13-page document! “Every character class in D&D has features, and every class gets one or more class feature variants in today’s Unearthed Arcana! These variants replace or enhance a class’s normal features, giving you new ways to enjoy your character’s class.”

B080A4DE-6E00-44A2-9047-F53CB302EA6D.png

tglassy

Adventurer
False. I replied twice with nothing more than a message to stop bothering me, was finally asked exactly what the issue was, and replied with a brief explanation and a final request.

Truth.

It’s the internet, dude. If you didn’t feel like you had to have the last word, you’d have ignored him when he kept on. And you wouldn’t feel the need to respond to what I said. Nobody is making you continue to type words in a box and hit enter.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Truth.

It’s the internet, dude. If you didn’t feel like you had to have the last word, you’d have ignored him when he kept on. And you wouldn’t feel the need to respond to what I said. Nobody is making you continue to type words in a box and hit enter.
Bull. I kept replying because I generally like Parmandur, but this particular habit of his is obnoxious. You, I’ll happily put back on my on ignore list, however.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
@Parmandur It’s not a personal thing, I enjoy our discussions. I just have several times had to ignore you in order to have a fruitless discussion that was going in circles to end. This time I was too tired of it to just bounce without saying anything.

I apologize if I was harsh about it, and I hope we can continue to have generally interesting discussions.

Just...please, when someone replies to you with a post that contains no content other than an indicator that they’ve lost interest in the discussion, consider not continuing to push the discussion on them?

I still had points to make, discussing in this here forum.
And yet, you continue to try to have the last word, going so far as threaten to put me on the ignore list so you can pretend that you had the last word.

Truth.

Bull. I kept replying because I generally like Parmandur, but this particular habit of his is obnoxious. You, I’ll happily put back on my on ignore list, however.
WellinformedWelllitBlackcrappie-size_restricted.gif

ALL OF YOU PEOPLE, SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!!!!

Please leave the modding to the mods- don’t use orange or red text; tell other forumites how to behave, etc. If you see problematic posts, report them.

Also, please refrain from calling others rude names.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
@Parmandur It’s not a personal thing, I enjoy our discussions. I just have several times had to ignore you in order to have a fruitless discussion that was going in circles to end. This time I was too tired of it to just bounce without saying anything.

I apologize if I was harsh about it, and I hope we can continue to have generally interesting discussions.

Just...please, when someone replies to you with a post that contains no content other than an indicator that they’ve lost interest in the discussion, consider not continuing to push the discussion on them?

Hey, apology accepted, and I'm sorry for any abrasive behavior from my part.

Sure I can. It might not be reasonable to do so, but I may or not be a reasonable person,

But honestly I do feel like a Barbarian that focuses on grapples and punches is far more of a well known archetype than one that summons ghosts, storms, or godly power when raging.

It's certainly not reasonable or helpful or anything to do so, when you know perfectly well that without those, you're basically asking for either the specific exact thing you want to happily coincide with one of the surprisingly few and narrow archetypes 5E uses! :p

Re: archetypes, yeah none of those, including "punchy" are really "fantasy barbarian" archetypes at all. The Incredible Hulk is a superhero, not a fantasy archetype. Raging brutes are reasonably common in fantasy - they are almost always are armed with clubs or axes, using fists (and teeth!) only when deprived of their weapons.

I would also actually say that while it is a little weird to see "Holy Barbarians", the person driven into a frenzy by fanatical zeal, wearing little-no armour, and probably wielding a mace or flail (likely dual-wielding) is a more common fantasy archetype. Certainly, divorced from the name "barbarian", more common than a punch-y half-naked berserker who wades into armed melees with nothing but a loincloth and his fists.

I am genuinely struggling to think of an example of the latter. I keep coming up with cavemen-types but they always have weapons, and I don't think Frankenstein's Monster really counts, because he's not actually good at punching or anything, just incredibly, terrifyingly strong.

Remove ads

Remove ads