• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unearthed Arcana New UA: 43 D&D Class Feature Variants

The latest Unearthed Arcana is a big 13-page document! “Every character class in D&D has features, and every class gets one or more class feature variants in today’s Unearthed Arcana! These variants replace or enhance a class’s normal features, giving you new ways to enjoy your character’s class.”

The latest Unearthed Arcana is a big 13-page document! “Every character class in D&D has features, and every class gets one or more class feature variants in today’s Unearthed Arcana! These variants replace or enhance a class’s normal features, giving you new ways to enjoy your character’s class.”

B080A4DE-6E00-44A2-9047-F53CB302EA6D.png

Bow dude pretty sure it wasn't just legolas shooting them thar gobbies down with one shot kills.

No, he's talking about the novels, not the movies, and whilst it's been a few years, I have no recollection of Aragorn using anything but a sword. I could be misremembering, but I feel like you'd need to be more specific.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
No, he's talking about the novels, not the movies, and whilst it's been a few years, I have no recollection of Aragorn using anything but a sword. I could be misremembering, but I feel like you'd need to be more specific.
Just another excuse to recheck out the books AND that is a good thing. Regardless the movies are probably the experience of LOTR that more of the current crop of D&Ders have ;). Heck I am certain huge numbers of people associate Harry Potter directly with the movie context.

You and @BookBarbarian are right. he never uses anything other than Andruil in the pages of the LotR books.

Ok good, I was kind of feeling like I might have lost my mind.

The origin of Ranger is a pretty misty and vague thing to me, and I've heard a lot of contradictory accounts or claims. Has anyone ever seen a good in-depth article on "How the Ranger got his spots?" as it were?

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
So he was running around with no weapon till they got it reforged?
No, he had the shards of Narsil with him when the Hobbits meet him in Bree.

One point of note is that in the book lore, the sword was broken only in one place about a foot below the tip and it was still magically sharp. That said... he never used it. He only used fire on Weathertop.

Also - Andruil was reforged at the Council of Elrond in Rivendale in the books, so he has Andruil pretty much the entire book series as he sets out from Rivendale with it.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Bet his hunting opportunities with weapon shards was pretty significant. Probably threw them at deer.

There is our throwing archetype

Remove ads

Remove ads