• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Wave (The Company) Sucks

Crypt King said:
you couldn't beat NewWaves prices,

Sure you can. Hypothetical situation: If I order $100 worth of New Wave stuff at 20% off, ship $80 to New Wave and get only half my order....I just paid $80 for $50 worth of stuff! That's a 60% mark-up!

The yahoo group mentioned earlier in the thread was specifically started because the minipainter group got sick of New Wave "bashing" in their group. (I, personally, would call it New Wave "truthing"....)

Sometimes, people have reported that posting a problem on the minidealerdiscussion group has gotten the problem resolved. Seems New Wave does (sometimes) attempt to stem the tide of bad publicity.

Crypt King

First Post
Re: Re: New Wave (The Company) Sucks

Furn_Darkside said:

In the future, I would suggest you
1) order a small shipment from a company with your first transaction (the person who ordered hundreds of dollars worth of stuff was being silly)
2) Research them- ask around. Ask here, I know I have personally warned against these guys a few times and have seen others do so.

Here is another place to check: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minidealerdiscussion/

FD

That's the problem, I did, I've ordered from them before with no problems save one (one mini in a 250 dollar order). I was curious if this was a recent thing that's happened, which it seems it's not.

As for that Yahoo site, wish I saw that before. I wish I would have seen some of these sites too.

Last edited:

I've had great luck ordering from Back Alley Comics at

http://www.backalleycomics.com/

Their website is pretty bare bones, but if you email them they get back to you with prices in usually 24 hours. I've been ordering Reaper minis at 33% off, and a few Chronopia figs as well. I haven't seen their prices or service beat anywhere, once you get over the lack of website.

redwing

First Post
studio one

I know this is off topic and not about New Wave but has anyone ordered from Studio One? I just placed my order but thought i'd check and see how they are as a company. Any horror stories there?

LcKedovan

Explorer
Not to mention the whole Better Business Bureau investigating them. A colleague at work is still owed a large amount of minis and they have stopped responding to his emails and phone calls.

I suggested he contact his Credit Card company and have them reverse the charges.

-Will

Setanta

First Post
Roland Delacroix wrote:
I've had great luck ordering from Back Alley Comics
So have I. The prices are outstanding, and they ship the stuff quickly and well packaged.

If you really need to have a good shopping cart web experience, try http://www.frpgames.com. They do about 20% (seems it's more on some items), and their service is good too (according to my buddy who orders from them; I've never used them personally).

enrious

I won an ebay bid from FRPgames and had great a great experience with them - so much so that I bid on a few more of their items.

I also had perfect dealings with Noble Knight games and would not hesitate to deal with them either.

drothgery

First Post
Re: Gamer's Attic

Rahkan said:
Go to www.gamersattic.com. They can't quite match New Wave prices but they do come close (Faiths and Pantheons for $25 instead of $23) furthermore they don't charge shipping for orders over $25. Furthermore mine got here in good shape within 5 days. I might not be indicative of the typical customer populace but at least I'll shop there again

Amazon has Faiths and Pantheons for $23.07; Barne's and Noble has it for $23.96. For books, the only reasons not to go with the major online bookstores are
1) Urgent desire to have the book ASAP after release or
2) You have something against the major online bookstores

But you'll get your books, and get a good very good price.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads