D&D 5E New WotC Survey! Learn About A New D&D Product!

WotC has launched a new survey about the future of D&D. This survey includes an NDA (which some people have not taken to well!) halfway through, which asks you not to talk about the survey on pain of being tracked down and fined, but it's about an upcoming (unannounced) new D&D product. You can find out what it is by taking the survey (or it's all over social media aready).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Oh THAT'S what the hoopla is about? Don't answer that if it is and you got the NDA lol obviously, but I saw a couple of other oblique references to "D&D digital" from people talking about this on other parts of the net.

I didn't get the video, but I've been predicting WotC doing their own digital offering for quite a while now. It would also explain why the DNDBeyond people were so weirdly demoralized for the last few months, if they had some idea that was coming, and why a bunch of the more "official" D&D people who worked at DNDBeyond jumped ship a few months back.

That said, I hope they've got some sort of program for people who are already using the other products - because I'm sure as heck not re-buying everything and I doubt my players will want to re-create their characters and so on. I was kind of hoping they'd just buy Beyond.
Theoretically speaking, "re-buying" might not be applicable in this case.

thundershot

Adventurer
I don’t get it. It was just a survey about random crap. I didn’t get an NDA.. I don’t see why there would unless others got a different survey.

Oofta

Legend
Not sure why, but never got the NDA, never got the video. Just got some questions of how satisfied I was with the different races and how much I spent. Now I'm curious what people are answering different to get it.

In any case I'm not interested in the super-not-so-secret project because I don't plan on gaming online again. If, of course it was a VTT, which is just a wild guess on my part.

an_idol_mind

Explorer
I didn't get the NDA. However, I do take surveys for companies trying to get feedback on new products, and the language shown in the screenshot is a pretty standard thing that gets asked if the product hasn't been released yet. (Even if the questions are as vague as, "How do you think your cat might like these new flavors of "Meow Mix?")

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I said earlier, publicity stunt, now I'm thinking targeted advertisement. Not even sure that the survey is important to WOTC. Whole thing is just silly.

Well, if one were to get such questions, and then tell WotC in the appropriate places that you weren't likely to be interested in their offering, because you'd already paid for a bunch of stuff on Roll20 or D&D Beyond, and that you'd be extremely cross with them if they retracted their licenses and basically threw away your prior purchases, that'd be useful feedback for them to have.

Remove ads

Remove ads