D&D General Next million dollar kickstarter? Wyrmwood Game Master Screen.

Retreater

Legend
My wife is a skilled carpenter and has built dice chests and such (along with more practical decor). I might get her to see what she could do with one of these.
But it's almost universal that if you haven't done carpentry and you think a quality product is too expensive, you're probably wrong. Parts and labor are crazy these days.

darjr

I crit!
My wife is a skilled carpenter and has built dice chests and such (along with more practical decor). I might get her to see what she could do with one of these.
But it's almost universal that if you haven't done carpentry and you think a quality product is too expensive, you're probably wrong. Parts and labor are crazy these days.
It’s like a universal thing. Look at some of the complaints about the price of some RPG books.

Some things are too expensive for a budget, I get that, but some things should probably cost a certain amount.

Last edited:

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Looks neat and all, but that will add up fast.

I don't like that the Kickstarter page itself didn't really go into cost.

You have to go to a separate page to price it out:

Bottom line: basic 4 panel screen with the cheapest wood: $260.00

Want a dice tower with that? Cheapest it will be is a total of $380.

Want a bunch of accessories (initiative tracker, monster inserts panels to write on etc.) You can get over $700 easy.

If you want their serious quality wood, a dice tower with the serious quality wood and a bunch of accessories? You could EASILY spend over $1,500.

It gets expensive FAST.

Glad their getting it and doing well though.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Love the concept but it has one major issue for me: it is landscape in orientation instead of portrait. I prefer "taller" DM screens, not "wider"

If they offered a portrait-orientated version, then maybe I'd consider it.

It’s like a universal thing. Look at some of the complaints about the price of some RPG books.

Some things are too expensive for a budget, I get that, but some things should probably cost a certain amount.
Game books are at least necessary to play the game. Screens are an accessory; some people like using them but they are not at all necessary. There’s nothing this screen does that couldn’t be accomplished with a tablet/computer, a regular screen and some clothspins, or indeed just some index cards.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I don't think it's "too expensive," I just think it's "too expensive for me." I'm a cheap bastard who is very picky with purchases because I don't make a six-figure income and prioritize Real Life things like mortgage payments above my gaming hobby. That said, fifteen years ago, I picked up The World's Greatest GM Screen, and it holds up fine so long as I don't leave it in my car on a summer day...

darjr

I crit!
Game books are at least necessary to play the game. Screens are an accessory; some people like using them but they are not at all necessary. There’s nothing this screen does that couldn’t be accomplished with a tablet/computer, a regular screen and some clothspins, or indeed just some index cards.
They are both luxeries that some fail to recognize the effort and talent it takes to make them and, inmho, undervalue them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases