D&D 5E Next spell for Duskblade 8

carborundum

Adventurer
My duskblade just hit level 8 and needs a new spell. He currently alternates between Scorching Rays at a distance, or Channelled shocking grasps with his longsword. With only 50hp and medium armour, he can't melee too much, though he often ends up there anyway.

His current spells are:
(Level 1) Blade of Blood, Colour Spray, Jump, Shocking Grasp, Swift Exp. Retreat & True Strike.
(Level 2) Animalistic Power, Scorching Ray, Seeking Ray.

I'm torn between Kelgore's Fire Bolt (1st) and the 2nd level spells Dimension Hop, Stretch weapon, Swift Fly and Touch of Idiocy.

I can think of a few advantages and disadvantages for each and wondered if anyone out there has a particular favourite (possibly not on the short-list) which I could really get good use out of.

Darklone

AllisterH said:
Hmm?

don't duskblades know everything on their list as they cast spontaneously like the beguiler?
No way.

I concur with Dimension Hop. It's the closest thing to a utility spell you can get AND it's useful in combat.

rgard

Adventurer
AllisterH said:
Hmm?

don't duskblades know everything on their list as they cast spontaneously like the beguiler?

Right on the casting spontaneously, but the Duskblade doesn't know the entire list automatically. Spells known are gained piecemeal as you advance.

Thanks,
Rich

carborundum

Adventurer
Grapple! You're a genius :)

After Assassin vines, Greenspawn razorfiends, and a young black dragon crushing the life out of me this is indeed a must have!

Thanks a million folks :)

Sejs

First Post
Dimension Hop. Tactical teleports are awesome.

Touch of Idiocy comes in a close second. Stat damage, no save. Good for channeling. Very nice caster-killer.

Sejs

First Post
carborundum said:
Yeah, and if I want that next level I can't get Vampiric Touch.
Still, the paladin probably won't let me have that anyway!

There's no [Evil] tag on the Vampiric Touch spell.

Kindly tell the paladin to go screw himself. :D

Remove ads