D&D (2024) NEXT UA Speculation Thread (For ~June 28th)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Okay, so... we're finally about to get April's OneD&D UA.

Let's start the speculation for the NEXT OneD&D UA (Due somewhere around June 28, 2023).

First off, they will (obviously) need to give us a working Monk.
Secondly, I think they should try again with the Druid.
Thirdly, I think they should give us MOAR subclasses.
Lastly, I'd like some hints on some DM-facing stuff.

Howabout you?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think it will be monk and some revised classes, probably druid, rogue and bard (maybe spells?)
An then from august on will be subclasses
Maybe. Sounds pretty small, though. I don't expect them to be as big as April's again, but they're supposed to be much bigger than the earlier ones (when they thought that they'd pull off releasing them monthly).

EDIT: Though I guess three classes would be a good size, with some other stuff thrown in, like you say.

ChameleonX

Explorer
I think it will be monk and some revised classes, probably druid, rogue and bard (maybe spells?)
An then from august on will be subclasses

This is probably a safe bet. Once all the classes are rolled out, they'll probably go back and start over with the parts that didn't get great scores the first time.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
This is probably a safe bet. Once all the classes are rolled out, they'll probably go back and start over with the parts that didn't get great scores the first time.
Wouldn't they do subclasses FIRST? (I wonder if they mean to dump 36 subclasses on us at once, or if they will, for example, release a "Closer Look at the Ranger" - type UA with the other three subclasses included).

Lots of ways to go.

Erandeni

Person't
Wouldn't they do subclasses FIRST? (I wonder if they mean to dump 36 subclasses on us at once, or if they will, for example, release a "Closer Look at the Ranger" - type UA with the other three subclasses included).

Lots of ways to go.
I could see once all the classes have had their first pass doing class revision + subclasses by group, so expert revised, priest revised, etc

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I could see once all the classes have had their first pass doing class revision + subclasses by group, so expert revised, priest revised, etc
Yeah, one more pass of the groups would be good, but I'm not sure we're ever going to get to see something so "clean" as that. (They meant to do it earlier, and it all fell apart quickly; they tried to get back on track by releasing Arcane & Warrior, and we're without a Monk). They may just give up on that and do a "worst offenders" UA (probably combined with a "and here's something we think you'll like!" - jammed together.

Okay, so... we're finally about to get April's OneD&D UA.

Let's start the speculation for the NEXT OneD&D UA (Due somewhere around June 28, 2023).

First off, they will (obviously) need to give us a working Monk.
Secondly, I think they should try again with the Druid.
Thirdly, I think they should give us MOAR subclasses.
Lastly, I'd like some hints on some DM-facing stuff.

Howabout you?

I think the June packet will have both the monk and the Priest & Expert classes, or at least the ones that they feel need significant revisions.

Remove ads