D&D (2024) NEXT UA Speculation Thread (For ~June 28th)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Well, my two favorite classes (in terms of interesting mechanics) are the Warlock (caster) and Monk (martial).

They just screwed up my Warlock this month.

So I s'pose they are going to screw up the Monk next.

I kid, but only kind of. The reason I love those two classes is because they are different mechanically. Given the homogenization that they've already imposed upon the Warlock, I shudder to see what they're going to do with the Monk.

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
Speculating about the next playtest reminds me that we'll have to do the survey for this playtest. I'm dreading that so much, because it's probably going to take the better part of a day to complete it all. Just thinking about hitting the radio buttons for each measly, little option like the Fighter's feats at various levels is mind-numbingly boring.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Speculating about the next playtest reminds me that we'll have to do the survey for this playtest. I'm dreading that so much, because it's probably going to take the better part of a day to complete it all. Just thinking about hitting the radio buttons for each measly, little option like the Fighter's feats at various levels is mind-numbingly boring.
I am planning on annotating the pdf with my responses for the Survey.

Vaalingrade

Legend
Yeah, this round of feedback is not going to be fun. Anyone want to draft a response to the Warlock that we can just cut-n-paste into the appropriate field? (I'm mostly kidding).
Dear Esteemed Gentlemen of the Wizards of the Coast One Dungeons and Dragons Playtesting Development Group,

Regarding your recent offering of the Warlock caste and the changed therein, tt is with utmost respect and a heavy heart that I have been moved to contact you forthwith at your earliest convenience to put for the following emphatic request:

PLZ NO.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Monk + revised Experts. The revised Experts may each have an additional subclass, as well.

Also since we know some of the Expert classes are getting weapon mastery, some (very much needed) changes to that system may show up.
Heck, we might see the full suite of proposed Subclasses for an entire group.

Remove ads