D&D (2024) NEXT UA Speculation Thread (For ~June 28th)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
They will at the very least probably have all the classes which include spellcasting... as I would imagine WotC has made the decision from feedback to do what they've done in the Arcane classes and give everyone a set number of Prepared Spells that are not connected to the spell slot numbers. Right now all the other caster classes have their Prepared Spells equal their spell slots in terms of number and level of Prepared spell. That looks to have been handily shot down by the masses, so they probably will want to at least get that change out into the wild for the other classes for people to use.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
They will at the very least probably have all the classes which include spellcasting... as I would imagine WotC has made the decision from feedback to do what they've done in the Arcane classes and give everyone a set number of Prepared Spells that are not connected to the spell slot numbers. Right now all the other caster classes have their Prepared Spells equal their spell slots in terms of number and level of Prepared spell. That looks to have been handily shot down by the masses, so they probably will want to at least get that change out into the wild for the other classes for people to use.
We do not know that the bolded element of the quote is true. At least nothing in the video commentary talks about the feedback on this topic. It is possible that they intended the arcane casters to have more freedom in spell preparation all along.
I am not saying you are wrong but that we do not yet know. Unless you have read or heard something that supports your claim.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
We do not know that the bolded element of the quote is true. At least nothing in the video commentary talks about the feedback on this topic. It is possible that they intended the arcane casters to have more freedom in spell preparation all along.
I am not saying you are wrong but that we do not yet know. Unless you have read or heard something that supports your claim.
Nope, no special info... just speculation on my part due to the complaints about it on the boards when those earlier packets came out, and knowing the caterwauling that would occur if Arcane classes could prepare any spells of any level but the Divine and Primal casters were stuck only being able to Prepare oftentimes only one spell of their highest level and always having to prepare 4 1st-level spells even if they never had much use for any of them anymore.

I doubt they will have finished even reading the feedback from this UA by next UA. So I can't imagine we'll be seeing a revised sorcerer, warlock, and wizard for a while.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I doubt they will have finished even reading the feedback from this UA by next UA. So I can't imagine we'll be seeing a revised sorcerer, warlock, and wizard for a while.
I meant the spellcasters from the previous packets. The ones whose prepared spells matched their spell slot numbers.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Nope, no special info... just speculation on my part due to the complaints about it on the boards when those earlier packets came out, and knowing the caterwauling that would occur if Arcane classes could prepare any spells of any level but the Divine and Primal casters were stuck only being able to Prepare oftentimes only one spell of their highest level and always having to prepare 4 1st-level spells even if they never had much use for any of them anymore.
I kind of ignore the caterwauling, the wailing and gnashing of teeth does not always match up with the feedback. So I tend to take a wait an see approach.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I kind of ignore the caterwauling, the wailing and gnashing of teeth does not always match up with the feedback. So I tend to take a wait an see approach.
Oh me too, absolutely. That's why I originally only said "It looks like" rather than making any hard and fast declaration. Just a guesstimation, but more than ready to accept something different.

Remove ads