• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NG vs. N: Neutral Good Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
Round 563

An enormous hippopatumus charges Dino, only to start moving much slower (natural 2 on Ref save). As it approaches, Dino smacks it with his tail, and might have knocked it out of the arena (natural 16 on Ref save vs. DC 28; I do not have Sandstorm). In any event, the hippo takes 28 points of damage. Autumn recognizes it as a dire hippopatamus.

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
The hippo flies out of the arena. (25 Ref)

A 15 foot long lion-like creature with six legs, composed of thorns and vines, moves to 0N90E, through the spikes. It takes 7 points of damage and has 305 hp left.

Autumn does not recognize the creature. It stands on two legs and thrusts forward. A volley of thorns flies at Dino, who fails to dodge (24 Ref save). Dino takes 29 and has 281 hp remaining.

Last edited:

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Autumn's summoned and charmed mob charges down on the thorny lion in a terrible display of nature versus nature. Seeing that the creatures that are (relatively) out of her control are going to take all of the space, she holds Greyshadow back from the fight alongside her. Instead, she draws a wand and moves up alongside Dino.

Autumn (50N30E): Double MEA to 55N60E, drawing her Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds as she does so.
Greyshadow (50N40E): Moves on along with Autumn to end at 45N60E.

Entourage:
Dino (50N80E): Move due south enough to get an attack with that long bitey neck, then attack the thorny-lion thing. (30N80E if he has 15", for instance)
Bertha (40N40E): Charge attack to 5N80E on thing.
Boris (70N40E): Charge attack to 15N80E on thing.
Aria (50N50E+40Z): Swoop to 10N90E40Z, Zap the thing.

(Summoning: Bertha appeared on 561, Boris on 560, Aria on 559)

OOC1: Can I get a ref to where Dino's stats are, so I'll know move rates and reach and such? thanks.
OOC2: Ooh, it would be so nice to have been able to add that battlebriar to Autumn's little team. Very on-theme for a woodling.
OOC3: Please double-check my summoning turn#s, since I'm assuming they count from the turn they appeared, and that may be off from judging the overlap.

PJSlavner

Explorer
OOC1: Dino moves 20 ft., with a 15 foot reach. He cannot attack with bite, but will attack with tail. Dino has to move to 25N to get an attack with his tail.
OOC2: I agree.

TLT takes a swing at Bertha on her approach, smacking her for 14 points of damage. Bertha has 27 HP remaining. Bertha swings back, missing horribly (natural 1).

TLT takes a swing at Boris on his approach, smacking him for 16 points of damage. Boris has 44 HP remaining. Boris swings back and cannot penetrate the thorns (rolled 15+2=17).

Aria zaps TLT (26-4=22 ranged touch), but TLT ignores the electricity ray.

Dino charges and smacks TLT with his tail (rolled 34-4+2=32) for 30 points of damage. TLT is thrown back to 0N100E and falls prone, with 282 HP remaining.

Round 564

TLT gets up, prompting Dino to smack it (rolled 36-4+2=34), knocking it to 0N110. TLT's hind end is sticking out of the arena, so TLT is defeated.

A huge, pearly gray dragon flies ponderously into the arena to 60N85E30Z.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Autumn watches the thing fly in with resolve on her wooden face, knowing that eventually she would have to face a dragon. She taps Dino with the wand to apply some healing, and mentally prepares for the trouble that is to come.

Autumn (55N60E): MEA to Dino's side (55N75E), then Use Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds on Dino.
Greyshadow (45N60E): Move up alongside Autumn, wish he had wings. (MEA to 45N75E)

Entourage:
Dino (30N80E): Attack the dragon with tail or both if possible (quick while it's still low enough!)
Bertha (5N80E): Hold and wait for something it can do.
Boris (15N80E): Hold and wait for something it can do.
Aria (10N90E40Z): Fly to 30N80E40Z and Zap the dragon.

(Summoning: Bertha appeared on 561, Boris on 560, Aria on 559)

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Technically, I don't think the spike growth spell was valid because there's no vegetation. In fact, the whole terrain is very unfriendly to druids.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
No worries, it's not like I haven't tripped up on not reading enough *several* times so far.

Now... if only I had more than one ranged attack spell for Autumn.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: It says that in areas of bare earth, roots and rootlets turn into spikes. Then it lists the terrains that the spell can't be applied to, and dirt is not one of them.

OOC2: Remember that Awesome Blow is a standard action, so it can't be used in conjunction with a charge. I don't think it would have a made a difference in this case, but I'm also leery of using it as an AoO, which Dino did against the hippo. Please do not back up and continue with the dragon.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads