D&D (2024) No Dwarf, Halfling, and Orc suborgins, lineages, and legacies

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
There was a 1e era Dragon magazine article introducing Perception as a new ability score (somewhere in the 130s I think). I could still get behind that.
sense as an attribute could work, I would say it is physical as seeing is physical, I say willpower would work for another mental state a con for the mind if you will just less deadly

There was a 1e era Dragon magazine article introducing Perception as a new ability score (somewhere in the 130s I think). I could still get behind that.
I remember the Beta version for PF1 where the Perception skill was used to cover all five of our senses (sight, hearing, tasting, touching and smelling). A couple of the races in that version had Perception skill bonuses for one or two of these senses. When the finalized version came out, Paizo removed that bit of distinctiveness.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Now all that's left is for me to find a word to use for the warrior/arcane caster 1/2 caster that is also a single, non-compound word to go alongside Ranger and Paladin. I'd go with 'Witcher' at this point as it has become the most known archetype from fiction nowadays... but it's probably copyrighted by the author and his publishing company and thus can't be used.
If the right word existed in English, someone would have stumbled across it by now. :)

My preferred 3pp version of the archetype uses "Spellblade", which I think is simple enough. Although compound word class names are always annoying. :)

Scribe

Legend
elaborate?
Cliff notes version.

Each species has 2 primary stats, other than humans which get any.
Each species then must put their ASI into those primary stats, and they can be increased over 20.
Each species, other than human, also has a penalty ASI.
Some species, have a more harsh penalty than others, such as Halflings and Strength, due to size and so cannot naturally cap out Strength for example.

You then also decouple the ASI from only being species driven, and put some into Background, and Class.

The net result is that there is still almost as much flexibility as floating ASI, but the nonsense of the Halfling and Goliath re Str, is mitigated.

Want to be a super strong halfling? Better find a magic belt.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Perhaps you could split Wisdom into those. Its a very confused attribute as it is.
I assumed wisdom was the other forms of intellect not covered by the education system, int is academic smarts and related skills.
If the right word existed in English, someone would have stumbled across it by now. :)

My preferred 3pp version of the archetype uses "Spellblade", which I think is simple enough. Although compound word class names are always annoying. :)
spellblade both sounds like it means only blades and has nothing iconic to it, it sounds like a description not an idea.
spellblade lack the ability to be a brand so to speak.
Some anime RPGs just have three attributes- Body, Mind and Soul. ;)
I have seen one wrpg game like that but it was asian themed.

Remove ads