D&D (2024) No Dwarf, Halfling, and Orc suborgins, lineages, and legacies

Perception is mostly about noticing things. Insight and Investigation are taking what you notice and trying to make sense of things. The latter two can also make up for when you sense something, but fail to notice it initially.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Cliff notes version.

Each species has 2 primary stats, other than humans which get any.
Each species then must put their ASI into those primary stats, and they can be increased over 20.
Each species, other than human, also has a penalty ASI.
Some species, have a more harsh penalty than others, such as Halflings and Strength, due to size and so cannot naturally cap out Strength for example.

You then also decouple the ASI from only being species driven, and put some into Background, and Class.

The net result is that there is still almost as much flexibility as floating ASI, but the nonsense of the Halfling and Goliath re Str, is mitigated.

Want to be a super strong halfling? Better find a magic belt.
penalty restricts more that improved stats ever does,

I think my idea in the past posts of this thread are better ideas fast to impliment whist keeping the bit we want

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
what makes them interesting?
They have pig noses and can identify things and discover information by smelling it.

Nose Memory: A Porc's nose is finely tuned to remember dangers and threats. You have Advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks to find or identify and Intelligence (Insight) checks to gauge the attitude the creatures or objects you can smell.

"Come out Necromancer. I can smell ya."

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
They have pig noses and can identify things and discover information by smelling it.

Nose Memory: A Porc's nose is finely tuned to remember dangers and threats. You have Advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks to find or identify and Intelligence (Insight) checks to gauge the attitude the creatures or objects you can smell.

"Come out Necromancer. I can smell ya."
Of course, they are unfortunately also delicious to rancors, but sometimes you have to take the bad with the good.

Remove ads