No Longer an Interest Check - 5E Rise of Tiamat + Corebooks PBP - OOC

Envisioner

Explorer
Okay, three four people is enough that we can restart the game, although I think I'd better scale back my more ambitious plans and start running pretty close to just the corebook stuff.

Last edited:

Envisioner

Explorer
Since I've already failed at running the big, sprawling, epic version of this game, I will do the TL;DR version. We will largely skip Hoard of the Dragon Queen (even though I would really love to run it sometime) and return to my original plan of doing Rise of Tiamat, where the players start out already famous as heroes. Consequently, everyone who is in should either advance their character to level 6, if they were previously lower than that (the two dwarves, and the halfling if he shows up), or add one level to an existing level 6 character (everyone else). The resulting party of Level 6-7 characters will launch into the first couple scenarios of Rise of Tiamat, and we'll see if we can manage to actually at least play out one full chapter (technically, the level 6 characters never even started, thanks to my incompetence, and the level 1 party only got about 40-60% of the first HotDQ chapter done).

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
You could tag the others who haven't responded yet, because they may not be watching this thread. That way, you'll know exactly how many players are ready to continue/restart.

I'm fine with moving Grimnir to RoT at level 6, obviously. :)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I am as well, Need to re-equip him for that level, and iff possible I'd like to take one of the cantrips from the Forgotten Realms Player Guide, namely Booming Blade, if possible. It's not hugely powerful, but is part of the character concept.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I have updated Grimnir to level 6. Obviously I have not changed anything about his equipment, since you did not say anything about that. I hope we get some more stuff?

Envisioner

Explorer
Back when Keth was going to be one of our PCs, I refused his player permission to break the "corebook only" rule, and after an extensive argument, I finally changed my mind and decided I'd allow the one spell he wanted, but he never responded to my last message. I feel as if, since my recalcitrance on the issue was some sort of dealbreaker issue for what was, in other respects, possibly the best character design anyone submitted for the game (no offense to anyone else, but some of the added details of the personality we discussed in PM were really cool insights), I sort of owe it to his memory to stick with the corebook-only hardline. Particularly since, if my public library ever reopens, I may have to return all my borrowed books. I might be able to do something about just the one adventure path book, or I could transition that campaign to something that only uses Monster Manual creatures and DMG magic items, but if a PC has a spell that I no longer have access to the text of, that could cause problems.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases