D&D 5E not so critical hit

Kirfalas

First Post
Not annoyed.. I guess I'll just let my players choose. On a critical hit they either do max damage, or are allowed to roll an extra dice. Shouldn't make too much difference in the end.

*Shrug*

WotC is trying to get rid of many 4e-isms, such as max damage on a critical hit. On the other hand, there's numerous ways of doing crits that also work. I was never upset about the 3e method, and would welcome it as much as the 4e method.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
I kinda like the extra weapon die option, but am thinking of making it an exploding die, if it, that die, hits max damage, roll again, and so forth.. deadly yes, and applicable to both PC and NPC...

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I still don't like it, because it's kind of fiddly, and still pretty weak-sauce. Crits are an area of the game that SHOULD be swingy and notable!

Rhenny

Adventurer
I like using max damage plus an exploding d6 for everyone. It is easier to remember and works for monsters too.

Warbringer

Explorer
I still don't like it, because it's kind of fiddly, and still pretty weak-sauce. Crits are an area of the game that SHOULD be swingy and notable!

Always like the idea a critical gives you another action (in 4e terms they generate an immediate action point) ... A bit fiddly still, but definitely something to write home about :)

As to the extra dice, I like it better than max... Also like [MENTION=607]Klaus[/MENTION] idea

Remove ads