TSR NuTSR Declares Bankruptcy

NuTSR, owned by Justin LaNasa, has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which will liquidate the company's assets. NuTSR's gross revenue so far for 2023 is $621.93 according to the documents filed in North Carolina. This is balanced against total liabilities of just over $384,000. The company made the news over the last couple of years, emerging in 2020 when then-owners Justin LaNasa and Stephen...

65B1E080-EEE9-45DD-AC2C-C55BD9DB6104.jpeg

NuTSR, owned by Justin LaNasa, has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which will liquidate the company's assets.

NuTSR's gross revenue so far for 2023 is $621.93 according to the documents filed in North Carolina. This is balanced against total liabilities of just over $384,000.

The company made the news over the last couple of years, emerging in 2020 when then-owners Justin LaNasa and Stephen Dinehart registered the defunct TSR trademarks and launched the new venture with the involvement of Ernie Gygax, one of D&D co-creator Gary Gygax's sons. Over the following months, NuTSR generated controversy after controversy, attempted to sue D&D publishers Wizards of the Coast via a crowdfunding effort, and in March 2022 eventually found itself on the receiving end of a lawsuit from them.

tsr_bankruptcy.png

As a consequence of the bankruptcy petition the current lawsuit between WotC and NuTSR is on hold, postponed until March 2024. NuTSR's website is still active.

JLbankr2.JPG

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
As much as people hate them (and rightfully deserved) I hope this doesn't hurt/close the museum. That house is special and the museum despite those involved is/was a good idea.
If they can disentangle their egos from it (which seems optimistic), they should hand it over to a non-profit or government agency. I assume Wisconsin has a historical society or parks service that could run it.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
As much as people hate them (and rightfully deserved) I hope this doesn't hurt/close the museum. That house is special and the museum despite those involved is/was a good idea.
I find it hard to believe that $621.93 in assets can include any real estate at all, let alone a functional museum/shop. On the other hand, $384,000 in liabilities could absolutely include a mortgage...

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads