D&D 5E OAR #7

JEB

Legend
Hope this doesn't mean Temple of Elemental Evil will be the last TSR OAR, and it's Judges' Guild material from here on.

teitan

Legend
I have no emotional connection to the original (never knew it existed until recently, even though I've been playing D&D since the mid-80s), so it won't be high priority for me... I might get it, though, if I see it at a good price and my finances permit it.

EDIT: But I too would have preferred more classic TSR material.
It kinda is though as Jenell Jaquays was a prolific TSR artist and developer in the 80s and 90s and a very important part of the history of the development of D&D. It is part of the 30 greatest adventures of all time and regarded as such for good reason. It's a genre defining module. I am excited and hope I can back it after backing Dying Earth, DCC 100 and Bones 6... hopefully.

I would also like to see the original Palace of the Silver Princess get a reprint. The revised version, not so much. Jean Wells was done wrong by TSR, absolutely.

My dream is Palace of the Silver Princess. I would pre-order that immediately.

Possibly? Goodman Games has started alternating Kickstarter and Indiegogo for crowdfunding due to some new rules on Kickstarter.

Hmmm, I wonder if all OARs from now on will funded via Kickstarters now.

Dark Tower is an excellent adventure and seeing it brought to both 5e and DCC is exciting. And it sounds like this will be the first OAR that they've worked with the original creator to update, so that's pretty cool.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
While I was hoping for the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, I'm interested in this. One thing I like about the OAR's is how they expand them, fleshing out key areas (like the nodes in ToEE). Plenty of opportunities to do that in Dark Tower.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Whoa - three volume set, with one book devoted to a new series of adventures (The Chosen Sons of Set). You can order a DCC version too.

Immeril

Explorer
Up until now, OAR has updated adventures that were on the top 30 list as published in Dungeon #116 from November 2004. Possible spoilers for OAR #8 and beyond?

#1 Queen of the Spiders (1986) Against the Giants included in Tales from the Yawning Portal
#2 Ravenloft (1983)
#3 Tomb of Horrors (1978) included in Tales from the Yawning Portal
#4 The Temple of Elemental Evil (1985) OAR #6
#5 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (1980) OAR #3
#6 The Desert of Desolation (1987)
#7 The Keep on the Borderlands (1979) OAR #1
#8 Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (2001)
#9 White Plume Mountain (1979) included in Tales from the Yawning Portal
#10 Return to the Tomb of Horrors (1998)
#11 The Gates of Firestorm Peak (1996)
#12 The Forge of Fury (2000) included in Tales from the Yawning Portal
#13 Dwellers of the Forbidden City (1981)
#14 Dead Gods (1997)
#15 Castle Amber (1981) OAR #5
#16 The Isle of Dread (1980) OAR #2
#17 Ruins of the Undermountain (1991)
#18 The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan (1980) included in Tales from the Yawning Portal
#19 Against the Cult of the Reptile God (1982)
#20 Scourge of the Slave Lords (1986)
#21 Dark Tower (1980) OAR #7
#22 The Lost Caverns of Tsjocanth (1982)
#23 The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (1982)
#24 City of the Spider Queen (2002)
#25 Dragons of Despair (1984)
#26 City of Skulls (1993)
#27 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1981) included in Ghosts of Saltmarsh
#28 The Lost City (1982) OAR #4
#29 The Assassin’s Knot (1983)
#30 The Ghost Tower of Inverness (1980)

Remove ads