D&D 5E OAR #8

darjr

I crit!
That appeared to be the plan, but we haven't heard anything about how far along they were before Jacquays' health situation worsened. It may have been 9 or it may have been too early for them to assign it a slot.
I dint think she was directly involved except for a couple of essays and consultations. However I could see that still holding it up. Maybe.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I dint think she was directly involved except for a couple of essays and consultations. However I could see that still holding it up. Maybe.
That was her involvement with Dark Tower, and probably the way to bet here. But do we know, for sure, that she was similarly hands-off with Thracia?

In any case, Thracia is famously a pretty complicated dungeon, so I'd expect it'd take a while to develop, whoever was doing the design work. (And thank god they'll have a PDF for it, for ease of use.)

darjr

I crit!
That was her involvement with Dark Tower, and probably the way to bet here. But do we know, for sure, that she was similarly hands-off with Thracia?

In any case, Thracia is famously a pretty complicated dungeon, so I'd expect it'd take a while to develop, whoever was doing the design work. (And thank god they'll have a PDF for it, for ease of use.)
Yea. I gotta admit getting the pdf is really nice.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
We need to pass an RPG law that says that everyone's crowdfunding campaigns include a PDF preview. Goodman's preview of traps are a JPG of six pages that are too small to easily examine to see what kind of stats are provided. So annoying.

darjr

I crit!
We need to pass an RPG law that says that everyone's crowdfunding campaigns include a PDF preview. Goodman's preview of traps are a JPG of six pages that are too small to easily examine to see what kind of stats are provided. So annoying.
I would suggest a preview, yea. I asked about a preview. It sounded like they intend to get one out.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
OK, they've finally put up PDF previews in their most recent update.

But they raise the question of who this product is for: If your trap is doing 30+ points of damage multiple times when it activates, isn't that just functionally instant death? High level characters who can survive that will be bypassing all these traps with Passwall and the like, especially once they know what's going on in the dungeon. This otherwise is just a way to intsa-gib medium and low level characters.

If that's your jam, I don't want to yuck your yum, but this feels like a product decades out of time.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
OK, they've finally put up PDF previews in their most recent update.

But they raise the question of who this product is for: If your trap is doing 30+ points of damage multiple times when it activates, isn't that just functionally instant death? High level characters who can survive that will be bypassing all these traps with Passwall and the like, especially once they know what's going on in the dungeon. This otherwise is just a way to intsa-gib medium and low level characters.

If that's your jam, I don't want to yuck your yum, but this feels like a product decades out of time.
It's also not clear to me from these pages why it couldn't be one system agnostic product: formatting is slightly different, but eh.

Remove ads