D&D 5E OAR #8

dave2008

Legend
You can bundle them on Amazon for a pretty good price too:

1697488119800.png

Birmy

Adventurer
So I got OAR 6 from Amazon and the corner is smashed. Box it was delivered in had only two air pillows and one was popped. The corners of the package box was smashed too.
This has been my major issue (well, one of) with Amazon for a long time. As someone who buys a lot of pretty delicate things, including large, expensive hardcover books, the price is often not worth the gamble of subpar packing and shipping.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This has been my major issue (well, one of) with Amazon for a long time. As someone who buys a lot of pretty delicate things, including large, expensive hardcover books, the price is often not worth the gamble of subpar packing and shipping.
Noble Knight isn't quite as cheap, but I have never had anything damaged from there, and that includes several OAR books I purchased from them.

Birmy

Adventurer
Noble Knight isn't quite as cheap, but I have never had anything damaged from there, and that includes several OAR books I purchased from them.
Yup! I'll be in Madison, WI this weekend for Gamehole Con (I'm semi-local anyway) and I fully intend to stop by their physical store and pick up the ones I'm missing that are still in stock (though, yes, their shipping is usually very good).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Just got the "sign up to back first day" email from Goodman from OAR #8 and am definitely not feeling it at this point. I did sign up for notification, but I'm going to need a heck of a pitch to back a book of, frankly, novelty traps that I have a hard time imaging using even in an OSR game.

Last edited:

Just got the "sign up to back first day" email from Goodman from OAR #8 and definitely not feeling it at this point. I did sign up for notification, but I'm going to need a heck of a pitch to back a book of, frankly, novelty traps that I have a hard time imaging using even in an OSR game.
Yeah it will be a no for me. Though I have all the others this book would never be used by me. From the amount of people pre following the Kickstarter it will do fine but I cannot imagine most people ever use the book. Seems will just sit as a collectors item on their shelf. I would peg this as the beginning of the end of the series. Maybe an OAR #9 but unless they work things out with WoTC I cannot imagine there is much of future.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
OAR #9 is already in process: It's Caverns of Thracia, with Jennell Jaquays on board, as she was for Dark Tower. So it should be a solid release.

Ideally, Goodman would buy out Judges Guild and acquire all their back content. I'd love, love, love to get City State of the Invincible Overlord or the Wilderlands of High Fantasy without giving money to that family.

OAR #9 is already in process: It's Caverns of Thracia, with Jennell Jaquays on board, as she was for Dark Tower. So it should be a solid release.

Ideally, Goodman would buy out Judges Guild and acquire all their back content. I'd love, love, love to get City State of the Invincible Overlord or the Wilderlands of High Fantasy without giving money to that family.
City State of the Invincible Overlord would be an amazing entry in the series.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Yes. I'm worried that I won't end up getting the titles I've ordered by the time they're ready to ship.
I've got some big-time FOMO about these books.

I had 1, 3, and 5.... but seeing this thread and realizing they might be gone made me track down 2 and 4 last week, and 4 just arrived today.

PXL_20231026_223037534~2.jpg

I'm in the Kickstarter for 7. Think I'll pass on 6. I loved T1 back in the day, but when Elemental Evil finally came out it just didn't do it for me.

Last edited:

Remove ads