• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E OAR #8

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I do wonder if Goodman Games talked to the estate because they were thinking of revistiing the TSR Lankhmar stuff. That would have been interesting.

I think they might still do 5e Lankhmar stuff.
I mean, I don't think you need to be a rocket surgeon to take DCC material and repurpose it for 5E. Both are designed to be somewhat interchangeable with AD&D...

darjr

I crit!
I picked up the onesI was missing when I saw all mention was pulled from Goodman's site. Sad.
My FLGS had a few Lost City and these. They looked and found some on EBay too.

IMG_8407.jpeg

In retrospect maybe the license with WoTC is still active but these other options, though less desirable to me, are more lucrative for Goodman. I am sure WoTC takes a hefty fee, probably even a percent of sales, and does not allow PDFs or the use of crowd funding.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I started reading the lost city. I really really dig it. I also like sunless citadel with factions you can fight or ally with…

I was a fool. They had a selection of oar at gen con and I delayed one day. They sold almost all of it day 1? Day 2 i hesitated and later they had lost city and castle amber only.

Dumb calculus like “do I want to carry this all day?” Etc and being tight early trying not to impulse buy. Of course elemental evil was gone…

Have a feeling I am going to be getting some this week from the birthday fairie, we will see.

I did grab elemental evil online for my friend. It is heavy…HEAVY! Lots of good stuff.

I may hunt more down later…like bye end of month. Honestly at this time I have so much 5e material to run it’s crazy!

Still have the saltmarsh stuff and a lot of yawning portal!

Stormonu

Legend
Trying to think of some other TSR entries that would make good OAR books - those with a good story and/or multiple reprints.

A1-A4 (+A0?) - Slavelord series. A classic with a lot of history behind it and ripe for sections that could be expanded or reinterpreted. As well as subject matter WotC isn't likely to touch with a ten-foot pole in the current environment.

GDQ (G1-G3, D1-D3, Q1) - Giants/Drow/Demonweb, especially if they could include the tournament packages for the D series. I think this series may have had the most reprints throughout TSRs lifetime

S1 - Tomb of Horrors. Lots of history on this one, but not a lot to expand or reinterpret. It's been reprinted already in Tales of the Yawning Portal, but I'm imagining Goodman could do a 5E version that's a lot scarier and closer to the difficulty of the original.

C2 - Ghost Tower of Iverness. I'm sure there some interesting history on this gonzo tournament adventure, and I'd be curious to see the 5E conversion/adaption.

I3 - Pharaoh. Though out of the range of the adventures usually covered by OAR, with it being one of the first Hickman adventures, it would have an interesting history section, I would believe. Could include the two follow-up adventures, but the original stands by itself well enough I think it could be done as a stand alone.

B10 - Night's Dark Terror. Though I've never run it, there's a lot of people I've run across who swear on how good it was. In that regard, it seems right it should be given a full historical and conversion treatment.

N2 - Forest Oracle. I want to know how this got past Q&A and ended up being published. And then an honest attempt to fix it - by sitting the original writer down and forcing them to properly rewrite it!

Remove ads