• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E OAR #8

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Wait, it's gross when Netflix does this to Evil Genius, but it's not gross when WotC does it to GF9? Dude.
...?

What? Do you have a particular reason to think that something underhanded happened with Gale Force 9...? They used to make D&D licensed products using WotC IP, and don't anymore. Separately, WotC now sells similar products using their own IP (kind of higher quality versions, honestly). The issue with Netflix and Evil Genius is entirely different from what I can see...?

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Well this thread has been a nice reminder.

I hesitate to mention “what I want” for my birthday. It feels selfish. But I got selfish today.

With a big birthday soon my wife asked what I want and I gave her links to OAR barrier peaks, elemental evil and castle amber…

I got a new elemental evil delivered for my friends birthday today and I said “man, I wish I had that!” And one thing led to another…

But if he runs it I cannot read it!

I think we are jumping to a modified avernus now though so maybe I have little to worry about…

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Well this thread has been a nice reminder.

I hesitate to mention “what I want” for my birthday. It feels selfish. But I got selfish today.

With a big birthday soon my wife asked what I want and I gave her links to OAR barrier peaks, elemental evil and castle amber…

I got a new elemental evil delivered for my friends birthday today and I said “man, I wish I had that!” And one thing led to another…

But if he runs it I cannot read it!

I think we are jumping to a modified avernus now though so maybe I have little to worry about…
I have been running the OAR version of ToEE for our group basically since it came out. Getting close to the end - maybe in another year or so? The way they fleshed out the nodes is great!

Warpiglet-7

Given that these will be out of print very, very soon, I don't think it's selfish at all to speak up and say you'd like it before it's gone. And your loved ones are probably thrilled to get you something they know you'll enjoy. (It's part of what makes them loved ones.)
Thanks for assuaging my guilt!

Yes I spoke up because of this thread. I was still not clear what Goodman games was getting at at Gen Con…

Reading this thread I relaizes they might have meant when these are gone they are all gone!

Warpiglet-7

I have been running the OAR version of ToEE for our group basically since it came out. Getting close to the end - maybe in another year or so? The way they fleshed out the nodes is great!
God!!!

This may be the second adeveture I get that I cannot read!

I bought avernus and thought it looked fab and then my friends started talking about running it…

This is the plight of the DM/player split class!

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
God!!!

This may be the second adeveture I get that I cannot read!

I bought avernus and thought it looked fab and then my friends started talking about running it…

This is the plight of the DM/player split class!
You just described our group! We tend to discuss who will run what since we rotate DM duties. It works, most of the time, except when we all want to run the same thing (like ToEE)!

Warpiglet-7

You just described our group! We tend to discuss who will run what since we rotate DM duties. It works, most of the time, except when we all want to run the same thing (like ToEE)!
Hahaha we are rich in a way!

I see so many people that never get a chance to play! I don’t play nearly enough…

The “problem” for us is that we all are family men and work a lot…so finding time can be hard.

My kids want to play now though which is a coup…it’s gonna be a wack pack. A kenku, a goblin and a sentiment orange…if they get some levels it might be funny to see them in a classic module!

Remove ads