D&D 5E OAR #8

OAR 8 will be Grimstooth’s traps. Has there been an official confirmation that Goodman lost the license or contract with WoTC? Seems like there would be a lot of better options for number 8 if they could still do official classics.

I’m also curious, as mention of the other volumes seem to have vanished from the Goodman Games website.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
OAR #4: The Lost City also appears to have - naturally, as it was the one I was shopping for - vanished from Amazon.

The others are still there, at least.

edit: link. I actually noticed this yesterday; with a bit of searching around, people have apparently speculating about this for awhile now.
The Lost City gets a lot of praise, so I'd expect it to be relatively high-demand. Professor DM on YouTube also just released a high production value video on it yesterday, which no doubt prompted a bunch of purchases and could have cleared current stocks from Amazon.

Stormonu

Legend
The Lost City is the one I grabbed at the outset. The others (B1, X1, X2) are on my to-get list, but my shelf is already overloaded....

It is interesting that there has been a pause. Perhaps WotC turning their attention to the likes of Saltmarsh, Dragonlance, Spelljammer, Ravenloft and Planescape has made them decide to keep things to themselves for a bit of a dive into old products for the Anniversary in 2024 and beyond.

Though they really, really need to do a B3 - Palace of the Silver Princess with a copy of the Orange cover version in it. The same day ol' Kenzer & Co. does a Hackmaster version of The Forest Oracle....

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
The Lost City is the one I grabbed at the outset. The others (B1, X1, X2) are on my to-get list, but my shelf is already overloaded....
Yeah, Lost City and Castle Amber were immediate grabs for me, as I had been wanting to run them for years. I have the originals, but wanted the expanded material in the OARs. Others are lesser priority, though I got in on the Kickstarter for Dark Tower.

Just went ahead and picked up Isle of Dread mid-this-post since it occured to me to check and I saw that it was down to three copies available on Amazon.

Edit: It was also only available from a third party seller for $60, where some of the others are on there for under or around $40.

Last edited:

Remove ads