Oathbound : Homecoming (full up)

Voadam

Legend
Book of Exalted deeds feat

Is the feat purify spell from Book of Exalted Deeds a valid option? It is a 1 level metamagic that gives spells the good descriptor and causes them to increase damage by one die category if hitting an evil outsider, but half damage against neutrals and no damage to good creatures. Prereq is good alignment.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Agamemnon Grant

AGAMEMNON
Human, 7th-Level Bard

Medium Humanoid (Human)
Hit Dice: 7d6 (0 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 10 (+3 Dex), touch 10, flat-footed 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+5
Attack: Rapier +8 melee (1d8/19–20) or Shortbow +8 ranged (1d8)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Human traits
Special Qualities: Human traits
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +8
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 17
Languages: Common,
Skills: Hide +3, Listen +1, Move Silently +3, Search +2, Spot +1, Diplomacy +13, Use Magic Device +15, Concentration +10, Spellcraft +14, Knowledge Arcana +12, Intimidate +8, Perform Inspirational/Orator +13, and Knowledge War history +12.
Feats: Iron Will, Magical Aptitude, Weapon Finesse, Leadership
Class Traits: Bardic Music, Bardic Knowledge, Countersong, Fascinate, Inspire Courage +1, Inspire Competence, Suggestion.
Alignment: Neutral Good
0 Level Bard spells Known: (DC: 13) Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic, Daze, Ghost Sound, & Light
1st Level Bard Spells Known: (DC: 14) Cure Light Wounds, Charm Person, Remove Fear, & Ventriloquism
2nd Level Bard Spells Known: (DC: 15) Calm Emotions, Summon Swarm, Mirror Image, & Heroism.
3rd Level Bard Spells Known: (DC: 16) Charm Monster & Good Hope.
––—— Spells per Day ——–—
0 1st 2nd 3rd
3 4 3 1

Human Traits (Ex): Humans possess the following racial traits.
—A human’s base land speed is 30 feet.
— +1 skill point per level (+4 at 1st level)
— +1 Feat at 1st level
—Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
—Favored Class: Any.

Equipment: (19,000gp)
+1 Elven Chain [5,150]
+1 frost rapier [8,320]
Heward’s Haversack [2,000]
Wand of CLW [750]
Wand of Charm Animals [750]
Wand of Detect Magic [750]
Wand of Detect Secret Doors [750]
5 alchemist’s fire [100]
2 Tanglefoot bags [100]
10 sunrods [20]
2 holy water [50]
20 Tindertwigs [20]
Tent [10]
6 days rations [3]
100’ silk rope [20]
Spare explorer’s outfit [10]
Waterskin [1]
Bedroll [.1]
Masterwork manacles [50]
2 belt pouches [2]
Spare change (213gp, 9sp)

Appearance:
Ag is 5’10” tall and 150 pounds. He has black hair kept in a braid down his back. His eyes are gun metal blue. His only major distinguishing feature is a strange tattoo on his left hand.

Biography:
Agamemnon Grant is the only son of General Titus Grant. His father is one of the generals of the army of the kingdom. As the son of a high-ranking general he was afforded many opportunities other would never have. Ag unfortunately has a problem he has no ability to focus himself in one thing. He has learned a great deal of things on a great deal of subjects but is a master of few.

His main focus in life has been on arcane studies and his father forced military knowledge down his throat. He has his father’s power of personality and his mother’s mystical bend. Growing up in a military school and military family has forged him into a good leader if not the most powerful warrior or mage.

He has the leadership feat. I envision him finding followers along the way as contacts in places we go. As for a cohort that’s entirely up to you. I’m fine without one but if there’s a need for a “class” we’re missing them there is an avenue to add it. Or if I meet a cool npc… you never know.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Actually purify spell won't be useful until I can cast 6th levl slot flamestrikes, so I think I'll wait to take that and consider a different feat.

Ferrix

Explorer
question... i'm thinking maybe a druid with the two variants from Unearthed Arcana, plus VoP to make a true hunter of the evils that plague the land... adopted by some celestial animals and fey he was brought up in the woods, learned to summon the powers of nature (spellcasting), the power of the beast within him (rage, fast movements, wis to ac), became a hunter of the evils of the forest (favored enemy), track. Never learned to use armor, refused to use anything but the natural world around him (thus VoP) and has asked that any who wish to reward him work to help eradicate evil. Also thinking of making him blind, but don't know how to work that. It'd definately be an interesting twist. Maybe make an Exalted feat which granted him a the sight of the heavens similar to blindsense or blindsight.

Druidic Avenger variant
gives up animal companion
gives up spontaneous casting of summons
gets a -4 penalty to wild empathy checks
gains fast movement as barb
gains rage 1 at first plus once every 5 levels
gets tireless rage at 17th level
switches diplomacy for intimidate

Hunter variant
gives up wild shape (all)
gives up armor and shield prof.
bonus to ac (as monk)
fast movement (as monk)
favored enemy (as ranger)
swift tracker (as ranger)
track (as ranger)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Ferrix said:
question... i'm thinking maybe a druid with the two variants from Unearthed Arcana, plus VoP to make a true hunter of the evils that plague the land... adopted by some celestial animals and fey he was brought up in the woods, learned to summon the powers of nature (spellcasting), the power of the beast within him (rage, fast movements, wis to ac), became a hunter of the evils of the forest (favored enemy), track. Never learned to use armor, refused to use anything but the natural world around him (thus VoP) and has asked that any who wish to reward him work to help eradicate evil. Also thinking of making him blind, but don't know how to work that. It'd definately be an interesting twist. Maybe make an Exalted feat which granted him a the sight of the heavens similar to blindsense or blindsight.

Druidic Avenger variant
gives up animal companion
gives up spontaneous casting of summons
gets a -4 penalty to wild empathy checks
gains fast movement as barb
gains rage 1 at first plus once every 5 levels
gets tireless rage at 17th level
switches diplomacy for intimidate

Hunter variant
gives up wild shape (all)
gives up armor and shield prof.
bonus to ac (as monk)
fast movement (as monk)
favored enemy (as ranger)
swift tracker (as ranger)
track (as ranger)

The concept is definitly interesting, but I think that might be a few too many tweaks at once even for me... I'll read over the varients today, but I'm thinking that allowing a free multiclass with monk might be a more balanced solution than having both varients. or take only the hunter varient and multiclass with barbarian... I will dwell on this.

The end result also sounds a fair amount like a Wild Child class I've been toying with for an ongoing project, but I have delusions of publication and am a little wary of throwing it right out there. Basicly its a class for those Raised By Wolves and involves a modified version of fast movement, no weapons and access to animal special abilities as feats (pounce, rake, etc). If you and the others would put up awith a little playtesting, I could elaborate that for you.

but anyway, lots of plans for today, but I will read up on those varients.

Kahuna Burger

Ferrix

Explorer
I made a Feral-type class which focused more on combat and was designed around a character who becomes more of a magical beast/animal type over time. They're hunters and such.

Only difference is they aren't spellcasters.

This is an old link to the class. It hasn't been updated, so I'll update it in a minute.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Ferrix said:
I made a Feral-type class which focused more on combat and was designed around a character who becomes more of a magical beast/animal type over time. They're hunters and such.

Only difference is they aren't spellcasters.

This is an old link to the class. It hasn't been updated, so I'll update it in a minute.

Interesting, it did end up very similar to the wild child in the classes of abilities included, though I made pouncing, sprinting and I think some others part of the wild run ability - I think pounce is too powerful an ability to choose it as a feat whenever... I'd make some abilities pre reqs for others or just decide the order they are gained in based on power, but the flavor is definitly the same. I think the power level overall is a little too much with full fighter bab, many of the same goodies as the monk, major damage and bonus feats, but thats another topic...

Anyway, I looked in UA and I don't think I could allow both varients to be applied at once, though either would be fine and I think could be combined with multiclassing to get what you want.

kahuna burger

Ferrix

Explorer
*nods* i'll try to think something up for a character then... i personally despise multiclassing to make a character concept work imperfectly... oh well... time for a different idea

the class actually has been playtested a bit and it doesn't turn out too powerful in a standard party. they're more combat oriented than a monk so they got the fighter BAB but they're still limited to using natural weapons for basically any of their abilities. and pounce although might be nice, is only available during a charge which means a penalty to ac and only with natural weapons. The class turned out to be able to hit hard in the first round if they got the jump on something, but otherwise had a hard time doing a stand-up fight since their HD is lower, their natural weapons at the start are only a d6, and a lot of their benefits are quite dissimilar to a monks. there is no potential instant-death attack, no stunning fist stuff, most of what is similar is basically because otherwise they'd be handicapped (damage reduction penetration stuff). nevermind too much chatter...

i'll see if i can figure something else out

Remove ads