Odd but legal?

awayfarer

First Post
Something stupid I thought of while visiting the little boys room.

Lets say you have a 1st level character with Two-Weapon Fighting. This character currently only has one weapon, a dagger. Moving an item from one hand to the other is a free action, correct? So could this character attack with the dagger in their right hand, switch hands, and then attack with the dagger in their left hand? I suspect this hinges upon wether or not you can make a free action in the middle of a full attack.

As a wise man once said "Thoughts like this are what kept me out of the really good schools."

James McMurray

First Post
Where does it say that moving something from one hand to the other is a free action? It seems to me that if you're moving it with the intention of attacking that's probably closer to a "ready a weapon" action.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
its quasi legal but not if your using the faq. I was going to play a dervish with a scimitar that was going to do the switching technique.

Gorge Carlen is the best isn't he? now where.... is my... COOKIE! RAHAHHH!!!! lol sorry. man this is going to be funny if i am wrong.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Yeah, I mostly think of things like Power Attack and Powerful Build whilst urinating.

"Light Weapons" got nothing to do with that, yo. ;)

Henry

Autoexreginated
If you had quick draw, I could almost see an argument for this working...

...however, by the book, I don't see it. There's a good bit of abuse in buying some excellent magiced-up bastard sword, and using it from one hand to the other to make a bevy of attacks for half the price of two magiced-up bastard swords.

Sunfist

First Post
I'd say there is no way this is legal. The whole method of two weapon fighting is using both of your weapons to great effect. (For example, you couldn't switch the weapon back and forth real quickly to generate the defense bonus from two weapon defense.)

Remove ads