Odd but legal?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Kmart Kommando said:
I think what he means is: How can you fight with 2 weapons, with only 1 weapon?

I've got three weapons!

The longsword and two different daggers.

And during any given attack, I have a second weapon in my off-hand.

-Hyp.

Kmart Kommando

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
I've got three weapons!

The longsword and two different daggers.

And during any given attack, I have a second weapon in my off-hand.

-Hyp.

Your penalties on attack rolls for fighting with two weapons are reduced
Hmm, long sword, dagger, dagger...

Well, looks like your three weapon fighting puts you at -10 for all those offhand attacks.

English is a fun language. ;)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Kmart Kommando said:
Hmm, long sword, dagger, dagger...

Well, looks like your three weapon fighting puts you at -10 for all those offhand attacks.

Then the same thing applies to a dagger thrower.

-Hyp.

UnsocialEntity

First Post
I really hope I didn't miss something important in pages 4-6... sorta had to skip to the end, heh.

Buuuut, from the SRD for two weapon fighting:
You can fight with a weapon in each hand. You can make one extra attack each round with the second weapon.

When you make your offhand attacks with the longsword that was previously in your main hand, it's not a "second weapon". Sure, you have a weapon in your main hand and your offhand the entire time, but you're striking with the same weapon, so it doesn't qualify.

Also from SRD:
If you wield a second weapon in your off hand, you can get one extra attack per round with that weapon

If you switch the long sword from your main hand (say right), to your offhand (left), your left hand remains your offhand. Therefore, when you go to make your offhand attack, you're no longer wielding a second weapon in your offhand, you're wielding the same weapon in your offhand.

Remove ads