Off to War - Duet (Aidan)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Hmm?" the hooded man says taunting Aidan. "Tired already? But the fight isn't even close to being over? But a break for you since you look like you need it."

He takes a seated postion before Aidan legs crossed, Aidan nearly falls to the ground. "Now you say this is yours?" He asks patting the chain. "If this is true then how did you come by it?"

EDIT: end of round one, round two hooded man readies action and HM is off to bed (been fun)

Theroc

First Post
Aidan leans against the circle post, growing very weary of magic being used on him so frequently. If this was the last time someone imposed their will on him with magic, he would be a very happy farmer... outside healing, of course.

"Magick's a weapon, which means ya cheated..." He began, panting, before continuing, "So, ya seem pretty handy with the Mojaer-tal... an' ya use magic... so... ya fight like that Jareth... Kynas... I think it was... No... it was Kyras. Definitely Kyras..." He mumbled. "Where are all ya people learning ta whip mojaer-tal around and use magic at tha same time? Ain't that a primarily Treylor weapon? Is there a Mojaer-tal magic academy somewhere?" He asked, looking about as he frowned. He once more was made to look quite useless when the chips were down. Was there anything he could do well?

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Talk
Standard: Ready action same as last round. If this guy comes closer, trip/stunning fist him.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Still sitted the man's expressions can not be seen through his hood, but his tense body language speaks volumes. Then he relaxes a little and continues speaking to Aidan.

"Magic is not a weapon, but it can be used as a weapon. But I didn't do that I merely made your already tired body feel it's fatigue more strongly. Hardly something that could kill you."

He stands and draws the spiked chain from around his waste. "I know the name of Kyras all to well. Tell me did this human weilding the mojaer-tal did he say who taught him how to use it?"

Theroc

First Post
"Err... I don't remember... I was too busy being chased around by nasty multi-headed snake-beasties, being bitten by nasty overgrown spiders and put to sleep by Gnolls. Everybody wants a piece o' this farmboy it seems... can't take three steps without someone kicking my arse. All I remember was he seemed kinda anxious about goin' ta Harkon Manor... Something about Tar-val or summat... I wasn't in tha best o' states, mind ye..." The boy managed, pausing occasionally to catch his breath. No rest for the random peasant farmboy was definitely taking it's toll... especially when people begin aggravating the condition with further magic.

"Usin' magic ta make me tired when we're having an unarmed fight is cheatin' anyhow, exploitin' tha spirit o' the thing!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Hrphm!" the man laughs. "So you would fight with both arms tied behind your back to make it a fair fight then? Because I see the way you hold yourself and your hands are weapons, are they not?"

The hooded man was silent before that seemingly something Aidan said hit a cord.

"But if you insist on keeping in the spirit, and the rules, then you can have this back." He says throwing the chain on the ground at Aidan's feet. "And by the rules the loser can call for a Derma-Cen' so long as both combatants are able to continue fighting."

The crowd gives a hushed sigh as now they believe the true fighting about to start.

"I call for a Derma-Cen' and as loser I get to call forth the rules and the stakes. Agreed?"

[sblock=OOC] Derma-Cen' or rematch is used to continue a fight that stops prematurely do to cheating or someone breaking a rule just to get in a sucker punch. It is used by those who think they have been cheated out of there winnings and usually fight again for the same stakes, but they don't really have to. But that is why the challenger and not the one challenged gets to set the rules.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
"Er wha? How's my hand a weapon... I use ta till tha fields a' home. It's no more a weapon than any other man's hand... mine don't grow claws or shoot bolts of sleep a' people..." The boy protested, before hearing the call for a Derma'Cen and his eyes bulged briefly in shock. "Not like ya give me much choice. I'm most certainly not in top shape, I'm dead tired, an' yer magic weren't much 'elp wit' that... but them's tha rules. Agreed. Ken ye jus' gimme a couple minutes ta catch me breath though?" He didn't look forward to the fight, as he had a feeling this was going to get pretty ugly pretty quick. Magic in a circle was most certainly uncommon, rarely did anyone with arcane or divine inclinations spend their time roughhousing with farmers and blacksmiths... not much sport, really.

"What'll it be, cloaked stranger?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] It will take an hour to go from the exhausted to fatigue condition I don;t think he will let you stand around an hour. [/sblock]

The "cloaked stranger" nods his head. "Five minutes then." he says before going back to his sitted postion.

Theroc

First Post
Aidan sat down himself, looking to Heron. "Oi, what'd ye git me inta this time!?" He exclaimed before turning back to the stranger. "Ya can tell me tha terms while I'm restin, yanno..." he commented, his hands picking up the mojaer-tal once more, fingers just gently sliding about the smooth portions as he considered the fact that the man shot the magic straight through the links as easily as if it were second nature.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The man thinks for a few minutes than stands dusting off his pants. "You have nothing I want, but I know everything you need, if you wish to truly wield the mojaer-tal. So the rules are simple, we will use everything at are disposal and should you defeat me I will teach you everything you wish to know about the weapon you hold. If I defeat you I will only teach you what I believe you should know." His voice seems confidant at this proposal.

"And to let you know I speak the truth, and you do not know what you hold in your hands, take up one of the ends of the mojaer-tal."

Aidan does as directed and takes and holds up one of the ends that looks like a rosebud.

"Press in on the two largest petals."

Doing so Aidan jumps as a three inch spike pops out from the center of the rose to add it's deadly sharpness to the weapon.

"Ready to begin?" the stranger asks.

"Bigfeets, bigfeets," Heron whispers coming near the ropes. "Takes the battle to 'em. Don't let'em breath much less cast. Ye can do it's, if I knows right he won't be able ta handle more than a couple blows at best."

[sblock=OOC] Sorry for the delay it truly took me a while to figure out how to get this guy to be your tutor and all. This way you lose you get trained just enough to quaily for Dragon Disiciple, so a win either way. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Aidan nodded. "Sure... I'm ready as I'll be for a couple hours anyhow... I doubt ya wanna wait 'til I'm in top form..." The farmboy replied, readying himself to launch into action, the now more dangerous Mojaer-Tal resting in his hands. In readiness, Aidan began whirling the chain so that it'd be ready to strike at a moments notice.

[OOC: I'm assuming I need to roll initiative again.]

[sblock=Actions]If Aidan has initiative, he'll step forward to attempt to trip the cloaked stranger with the chain, followed by a regular strike. If not, well, then I'll post doing this next round if Aidan is able to act.

Aidan currently has 10 dexterity and 6 strength... so he basically neutered combatwise due to exhaustion, lol[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads