Off to War - Duet (Aidan)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fallon leads them to the horselines where he tells one of the men there to find Hod. He waits patiently even patting one of the horses on the nose. When he hears Aidan's question he jumps alittle as if startled out of deep thoughts or memories.

"What was, was that?" He says turning to the young man still in the blue robes, weapons at his back and belt and the bag iover his shoulder. Fallon sighs and mutters, "If only, only I didnlt have so much to do here."

Then his face changes and he looks serious again. "Trouble? Well now, now trouble be what to young sorts as yourselvs will get into no matter what advice you get from me. But I will, will tell you a few things to help as your out on the road. Be mindful of your surroundings, always try and talk your way out of a bad situation first. And if you can't talk then run second, and only fight when you have to. That will, will keep you alive, as you adventure in this world."

A slightly bent man clears his throat behind Fallon as he is just finishing his speech. The old man turns and then says to him. "Ah, Hod. You have, have a horse ready as you were told, do you not?"

"That I do," Hod answers. "You be wanting it now?"

"Yes, please make, make it ready and bring it here." Fallon says and then turns back to Aidan.

"Now any, any questions before you leave?" he asks.

Theroc

First Post
Aidan blinked at the man's words. "I ain't lookin' fer no trouble, Fallon... why d'ya make it soun' like I'm after it?" As Fallon asked for final questions, Aidan couldn't help but ask. "D'ya think Dellex is really gonna help fix Pa? 'er is this more o' his fancytalk to get me away from tha 'regulars?" The farmboy shifted nervously, though getting ready to attempt riding the horse where Heron led, once Heron got here. After all, there wasn't too much for Aidan to do until then, and he needed to make haste. The more he delayed, the more he thought, and the more he wondered if he should go at all.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I am not, not sure of Dellex's motives anymore." Fallon says sadly his face showing how deep it hurts him not knowing.

"But, if he, he is sending you to Father Wellim, then it must be to have him help you so don't worry about that."

And then he smiles and nods his head towards Heron who comes running up to the two of them huffing and puffing. "Trouble can, can and usually is found were you least except it. But at least, least you look ready to handle it Heron Fickleberry."

The having threw a small pack over his shoulders in addition to a baldric with about a half dozen small knives hooked to it. And four more daggers are on his belt.

Heron's face turns a little red. "Well's ye can't be have'n to much protection," he says to them both.

A few minutes later Aidan and Heron are on horseback and about a half hour away from the irregulars camp. The halfling rides behind Aidan and holds on to Aidan's new bag strap as they ride.

"Don't tink we wills be make'n Solemnheim tonight we best find a place to bed down. Do ye wanna sleep under a bush?" he asks trying to look around Aidan's side as Aidan concetrates on making the horse move. "Or do ye wanna to sleep in a warm bed with a hot meal before hand?"

Theroc

First Post
Aidan's brow furrowed at Fallon's advice. "The last place I'd expect trouble of the dangerous sort would be home... are ya sayin' that tha farm's in trouble!?" The farmboy mused, before turning to chuckle at the armed halfling. "What happens when yer all outta knives?" The boy commented, thinking that the daggers were for throwing.

Once Aidan and Heron were on the road, Heron asked about lodgings. "Which'll get us ta Solemnheim faster? Bush or bed? I jus' wanna get Pa well 'efore I go back ta keep an eye on Lora. Methinks she needs my help more'n ma and pa once pa's well again..." The boy commented, riding as quickly as he can.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Early Comment] "If'n the pincushion dat all these end up in is still stand'n then I will be a runnin dae other way if'n I was ye." ;) [/sblock]

The sun is about two hours from dusk and Heron casts about. "Well I knows an ale house not but a half an hour or so outs the way. We could also uses a little info on the roads ahead."

"Be the last chance fir a bed the next three or four days." he adds his voice sounding like he wishes for the bed more than he is letting on.

Theroc

First Post
(Stuff got hectic, I'm stuck on my mom's PC again for the moment.)

Aidan nodded at Heron's comments.

"Then we'll stop at yer tavern, Heron. I jes' wanna get there quick, I am so close ta curin' Pa, I don' wanna be too late..." He replied, figuring more info on events would be a good idea, and since Heron seemed to want a good bed, it'd be a good idea to keep the halfling happy. After all, he was friendly enough to Aidan, no reason not to reciprocate.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well then we's be makin the time up on the morrow, if'n we know it is safe to travel the roads." the halfling says happily.

"Turn down that game trail up aheads." Heron says and then proceeds to guide Aidan back along alot of unused trails and paths till finally reaching the wayward inn he was looking for.

The building is a one-story squat little place that has seen better days. A few children play out front with a lean dog, and an old woman sits on a chair up on the porch. Catching Aidan's eye almost immediately is a fighting circle posted and roped off on the east side of the building.

"This be a place for farmers bring crops to places and don't wish to go home right aways." Heron says noticing Aidan looking at the roped of ring. "Aye, and maybes make a few coin betting on a fight as well."

The children stop their playing to run to the front door, "Ma!, Pa!" a little boy yells from the doorway. "Looks like travelers!"

As Aidan pulls up the horse in front of the building he watches as a burly man with a board black beard and boarder shoulders and paunch comes out wearing the typical white apron of a tavern keeper.

He looks over the young man and the horse, then sees Heron poking his head from around the boys back. "Well now what are you looking for?" he asks crossing his arms.

"Just a place to spend this one night." Heron says "We can pay in gold my goodman."

The board man nods at that and then shoves a thumb over his shoulder, "There's a stall around back and you are responsible for cleaning it out before you leave." He then turns and ushers the children, who were watching from behind his legs, into the building.

Taking the horse around back Aidan and Heron find three open-topped horse stalls, two with a horse already in them. So Aidan dismounts and walks his horse into the only empty stall. Also around back is a large still and another old woman sitting in a chair nearby. She is eithe related to the woman around front or... no that little old lady couldn't have moved that fast.

[sblock=OOC] Go ahead and put the horse away. LOL and maybe a name for it? But don't enter the tavern just post walking to the door and I will post you in and give you a descrption. Thanks. [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Aidan smiled and followed Heron's directions, still a bit leery about the stop, but knowing in his head that it was the more sound choice. He just didn't like feeling idle. As they pulled up to the town and he saw the children playing, he remembered his sisters. He hoped they were doing alright...

Giving the children a winning smile, Aidan waved before the gruff man arrived. As Heron did the talking, he didn't even need to say a word. He simply smiled and nodded, and took the horse to the stable. Neither the horsekeeper at camp nor Fallon had told him what the horses name was, so Aidan took to thinking of him as coal. Once the horse was stabled properly, the boy went to enter the locale, looking about for something of interest, wondering if Heron had brought the boy here for the circle, or if he legitimately wanted a bed...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
When Aidan enters the innhouse he notices right away that it is nearly empty. There are three large round tabes, only one occupied by a man with his hood up and his face in shadows in the dim light.

No one is at the bar and that is where Heron leads with a quick, "Come on." he seems upset about something all of the sudden after his earlier excitement to reach the inn and the "bed".

Heron goes to the farthest stool and starts to adjust it to make it easy for him to reach the bar as Aidan sets down his sack and takes his weapons off for easier sitting. Leaning the javelins between him and Heron he puts the sickle he got and the strange spiked-chain he recieved atop the bar.

The chain starts to fall and the young man catches it deftly before it hits the floor, but not before it uncoils and everyone in the room gets a good look at it.

Starting to coil it once more the innkeeper asks, "What's that you got there?"

Theroc

First Post
Aidan looked about in confusion at the halflings changed state of mind upon arriving, unpacking his things somewhat to make him a bit less uncomfortable as he sat, though he was surprised at the lack of activity. The boy was lost in thought, the lack of crowd making him ruminate on what had happened and how things might go in the future. So engrossed in thought was the boy that the chain had slipped and he had to catch it swiftly without catching on the barbs along it's length... succeeding though too slowly to avoid it being noticable, Aidan replied honestly.

"It's a Mojaer-tal... I think tha's how ya say it anyway. It's a weapon I just recently got ahold of. Not tha easiest tho' it's pretty agile..." he replied, looking at the innkeep with a smile as he continued looking about.

Remove ads