Off to War - Duet (Aidan)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fallon looks up from loading things off the carts onto the table as Aidan puts down the spiked chain.

"Hmm... interesting I thought, I thought that was just a set of extra links for the blacksmiths to use." He picks up the nearly ten foot length of barbed chain and holds it in front of him.

Aidan can see clearing the detail put into the links to make the chain almost look like a vine when held out. Every third link is etched in a remarkable resemblance of a leaf with "bark" in between. Tiny barbs dance along the length of the weapon and anyone struck by it would surely feel their scratch.

"Why do it be lookin' like a brair patch?" Aidan asks curiously.

"Haha, it could, could be that now," Fallon laughs. "But no, no look at the ends."

As Fallon holds it up Aidan is amazed at the design of the weigthed ends of the chain. They look like flowers, they look like...

Fallon nods his head, "That's right, right. They are roses," he says to the unspoken thought.

Then not a vine at all but a stem. The link in between is suppose to look like a stem, a stem with thorns.

"This is, is a weapon wielded by the Bon'Dradi. Not this one, this one was meant for nobler hands." he says handing the chain to Aidan. "It is a very versatile weapon and can, can be used for a number of things. Go, go ahead give it a few swings."

At first Aidan shakes his head but Fallon says reasurringly, "Just, just swing it like you would one of your, your fathers rusher staves back on the farm."

[sblock=OOC] How about a demonstration of Aidan testing the weapon. And a rusher staff is a three section staff which I'm guessing farmers use in Pesh to knock out fields of overgrown weeds. [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
OOC: Peshians must have decided to reinvent the wheel. Couldn't they just use a scythe? (I'll admit though this makes Peshian farmers more badass, three section staff for farming? Imagine if all the Peshian farmers became soldiers!) lol, anyhow... it'd be pretty cool if this 'noble' weapon grew stronger as Aidan tapped into his 'destiny' which I haven't even decided precisely yet. I'm really bad at searching though, so I may end up redoing it.

Aidan blinked as Fallon handed him the weapon again, seeing it almost as if for the first time. Perhaps he hadn't paid enough attention, perhaps he was still addled from the magick... but it looked even more well made the second time he placed his eyes on it. At Fallon's explanation, Aidan gave him a blank look. "The Bon'wha?" He asked, inquisitive yet confused.

At Fallon's behest, the boy began holding the weapon ready, before snapping his arm forward, the chain whirling slightly before the boy began whirling the thing above his head, before whipping it outward to lash out. At first it was rather awkward and some of his sleeves got a bit torn, but after a few moments, Aidan was whirling and twirling as if he'd had at least rudimentary training with the weapon, incorporating it into some slight acrobatic displays he'd developed to earn some extra coin in his travels. Surely it was more impressive with such a weapon...

After about a minute or so, Aidan slowed down and stopped, looking at Fallon for his opinion, and opening up with another question. "Whaddya call this thing?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
*ssswill*

Heron whistles as Aidan demonstartes some basic moves. "If'n ye can do that in a circle, din we may just make some coin at dat."

Fallon gives the halfling a stern look as he sets a lantern on the table. The halfling just takes another bite of his stew, smiling. Ignoring the little man Fallon turns to answer Aidan's questions.

"That is, is called a mojaer-tal." He says pointing to the weapon. "Here, here in the Five Kingdoms we simply call it a spiked chain. Though that is, is a very loose translation."

He continues to select items from the carts. Pushing some things aside and then pulling out a brown woolen shoulder bag and sets it with the things already cluttering the table. "The Bon'Dradi are also, also known as night blades, again that isn't quite right. Brothers of the Dark Blade or maybe, maybe Knights in Darkness." He shrugs, "I don't, don't speak to much High Elven. They are Treylorian warrior-wizards."

He stands before the table looking at all the things set out on it and puts his hands on his hips. "Well that, that is everything you will need. But, but it doesn't include the chest with the gold you are suppose to take."

Heron gaffs, and then says in a choked voice, "Sorries, down de wrong hole."

Aidan looks at all the equipment on the table and just shakes his head. Put together it must all weigh a hundred pounds or more.

[sblock=OOC] I'm was thinking Peshians for poor farmers and scythes take money to make and maintain. And every year before planting the fields are overgrown with weeds, so young boys take three section staffs and go out to clear the fields.

Also about your build what about Monk(HB)4/Duskblade 1/Dragon Disciple 10?? The duskblade would really build into what I have in store for the campagin, and give you some extra spells with attunement and I see Aidan using spells like Stand without even knowing he's casting a spell.

Equipment:
Code:
 Masterwork mojaer-tal           free   10lb
javelins(5)                      5gp   10lb
sickle                           6gp    2lb
rope(50'hemppen)                 1gp   10lb
bedroll                          1sp    5lb
rations(5days)                   5sp    5lb
belt pouch                       1gp  1/2lb
grappling hook*                  1gp    4lb  
flint&steel                      1gp    0lb
torches(2)                       2cp    2lb
waterskins(2)                    2gp    8lb
lantern,hooded                   7gp    2lb
lamp oil,flasks(3)               3sp    3lb
whetstone                        2cp    1lb
mirror small steel              10gp  1/2lb
peasant's outfit                 1sp    2lb
spade                            2gp    8lb
tent                            10gp   20lb
mess kit                         2sp  1/2lb
artisans tools(cooking)          5gp    5lb
chest                            2gp   35lb
average lock w/key              40gp    1lb

Travel purse: 5gp, 7sp, 6cp
Total weight: 135.5lb

*grappling hook is made to hook onto mojaer-tal to be used as a quick climbing tool[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Aidan blinks after he finished, realizing how quickly he'd picked it up... and then turned to look at all the stuff as he groaned. Just seeing the pile was obviously too much.

"Er... I ain't no packmule, Fallon... how'm'i gonna all this stuff wherever it is I need ta go?" He asked, chuckling as Heron's comment dawned on him.

"If I can do it now, I'm sure I can do it again in a circle... maybe even improve on it..."

He looked to Fallon, and then to the gear again. "Where's this Solemnheim?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Solemnheim be a town, large villiage actually, outside de castle o' Lord Bear." Heron pipes in. "As a dae crow flies it be 'bouts five days from 'ere."

Fallon looks at the halfling again with a little frown. "It is, is easy to find. Just travel south of here till you reach Tymdolin. Then you take, take and go west till you reach the edge of the wilds. South again till you see Dramin Creek, east a little to get to the crossing. Then back west till.." Heron starts to laugh.

"Diffently not as dae crow flies," he says. "I cuild take ye, to Solemnheim Big Feets. And in less time dan all dat," he waves his hands up and down as if following Fallon's directions.

"Well, well then," Fallon says and Aidan turns his attention back to the old man, who is filling the brown woolen shoulder bag with the items that were on the table. "If you can help why, why didn't you say so. I thought you were over here for a free meal." he continues with a small grin. Putting the grappling hook (the last thing save for the weapons, and bedroll) in the bag he closes the flap and hefts it.

"Should, should be everything you need if not there is a little more room."

Theroc

First Post
Aidan blinked, realizing he wasn't quite sure what was going on at this point. He knew he needed to get to Solemnheim, but he wasn't sure if he was originally doing this alone, or now with Heron and himself.

"Er... who all is comin' wit' me, Fallon?" The boy asked, looking at the pack, wondering if he'd be carrying all that weight, and if so, how he'd manage to fight if he were attacked. He'd be a sitting duck!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fallon holds up the shoulder strap and shaking it a little says, "Here, here try it on."

Dubiously Aidan walks over to the table and the bag. He slips it over his head and then steps away so it will leave the table. Oddly he finds it to weigh no more than an average pack. It isn't light but if it does have all that stuff in it it weighs way less than what it should.

"What were, were you saying?" Fallon asks with a smile that causes his face to wrinkle. "You should, should probably take Master Fickleberry. If he just isn't, isn't boasting then you wil have a faster trip. And, and faster means safer."

"Sure'n it be faster." Heron pipes in. "You will's see I can get's us there and back again in no times."

"Then let's get, get you a horse Aidan." Fallon says to the young man.

[sblock=OOC] Bag weighs 15lbs. ;) [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Aidan eyed Fallon suspiciously and with confusion as he lifted the pack which would have had to weigh almost as much as he did. When Fallon handed him the pack, the farmboy nearly charged into one of the wagons, having prepared himself for a much greater weight. Twisting himself aside and nearly doing a cartwheel, Aidan stood up and looked dumbfounded at the result.

"Er... am I crazy... or is this pack a lot lighter than it should be?" He asked, looking to Heron as well. Once this was answered, the boy was pretty much ready to head off with Heron for the next step of his adventure. He was getting closer to getting his father healed!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fallon smiles at Aidan's remark.

"It is just, just the weigh it is suppose to be," he says then turns to Heron. "He is ready, ready to go but you don't look to be."

Heron just now realizing that Fallon meant to send them on their way today the halfling finishes his stew quickly and then turns to go get his gear. Hurrying off he says over his shoulder, "I will meet ye at the horse lines, ye need no wait fur me."

Fallon shakes his head as he watches the halfling disappear into the sea of tents. "Be mindful that, that he doesn't get you into trouble." He says to Aidan before starting off towards the horselines with the note in hand.

Theroc

First Post
Aidan simply blinks at Fallon's reply, and waits patiently while Heron finishes his food before being told to meet Heron by the horses. The boy nods, heading with Fallon to where a horse will be given to him for the journey, or so it seemed, in any case. He hoped they'd arrive at the farm on time, but who knows. Hopefully Father Wellim will be able to help. Then again, if Dellex indicated that he'd help, it was unlikely he was already dead. Unless of course Dellex feels that Aidan would be more willing to help once he knew...

But that was more politics again and that wasn't something Aidan wanted to take part in currently. He looked to Fallon as they arrived horselines. "Wha' sorta trouble ya mean, Fallon?"

Remove ads