Off to War - Duet (Gareth)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 1

OOC: Snakes have gone this round. Gareth is up. You may roll a Spot check if you go to the bank.

Dreks and Willybin both were watching the gnolls and seeing what happened start running away from river, wagon, and monsters.

Spade

First Post
Gareth rushed towards the bank to help the remaining wolf-man get away, keeping an eye open for the snakes. His Trident would give him adequate reach to stab at them with from a bit of a distance, and his shield he was confident could protect him if they managed to get to close.

[sblock=OOC]Oh, forgot to title the check... I can't figure out how to fix it, so, I guess it's stuck that way?[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Yes it is stuck like that but I know it is Spot since that is what I asked for. NP[/sblock]

Gareth reaches the bank and is feet from the axe when he sees the creatures (or better description creature) in the water.

[sblock=image]
baby_hydra_by_madlyinlov3-d2ybfb9.jpg
[/sblock]

It is the size of a large dog and seems that each head is fighting over a piece of the poor gnoll that died.

The other gnoll stands and heads to the bank barking something at Gareth he doesn't understand. Two of the heads look up at the noise and hiss at the young man standing over them.

[sblock=OOC] Note the baby hydra doesn't have wings. ;)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 2

The thing in the water jumps out and onto the bank right on top of the axe lying on the ground. While one head still has it's mouth full the other two strike out at Gareth.

The young warrior blocks the bites with his shield and readies his trident.

OOC: Your up baby hydra AC15

Last edited:

Spade

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Guess I shouldn't have posted - The rolls/attacking posted wasn't up when I did. I'll just edit real quick... >.>[/sblock]

Gareth took an involuntary step back when the creature lunged at him, thankfully blocking the blow. He steeled himself before thrusting his trident for the nearest head.

He was briefly distracted by the wolf-man's barking, wondering what it was he was being told. Maybe he should look into learning a language other than common later... It probably wanted the axe back, but the big lizard-fish was sitting on it and he really had no idea how to get to it.

"I hope he didn't mean 'Stay away, those things can spit acid' or anything like that..." Gareth muttered to himself, keeping his guard up.

[sblock=Feat Use]I'd like to Apply the +1 Dodge AC from Dodge if I can. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The gnoll tries reaching in to grab for his axe and one of the heads bites him deeply on the arm tearing away flesh and exposing the bone.

The gnoll in turn tries slashing at the creature with his dagger and misses the quick moving heads.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 3

The hydra now having two opponents to try and eat takes a moment to get in a better position to attack both Gareth and the gnoll. It's heads curl up around each other moving back and forth watching... waiting...

Gareth notices the thing was hardly fazed by the puncture wounds from the trident. Actually of the three wounds only one is left bleeding the other two are gone.

OOC: Your up.

Spade

First Post
Gareth flinched in sympathy for the wolf-man's injury, that had to hurt.

"Stay back!" He warned, doing so before he remembered the thing probably didn't understand him.

His attack seeming to do nothing was a cause for concern though, as the creature had some kind of healing ability. Usually in stories, things that healed like that had to be decapitated. Except, the Trident wasn't really a weapon designed for lopping off limbs or anything, so he was unsure if he could even deal a wound this thing wouldn't be able to heal... Which reminded him of the axe buried under the snake-lizard-fish monster, and gave him an idea.

"I hope this isn't as stupid as I think it is..." Gareth muttered to himself, watching the wary lizard-fish watch them, before swiftly stepping closer with his shield up as best he could in an attempt to force it down the bank a little.

[sblock=Tactics]Attempting to Standard Action Bull Rush and push the Hydra back 5 feet.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]That was weird, it was refusing to let me post for like 10 minutes. I ended up having to log out and back in.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Gareth rushes forward shield held up to push back the little three-headed beast. As he slams into it's side one of the heads ducks low and bites at the warriors shin, but Gareth doesn't stop.

SPLASH

Suddenly he is at the edge of the bank flailing his arms as he tries not to fall into the river after the hydra. A firm grip pulls him back and Gareth sees the gnoll one hand on the boys collar the other bloody one reaching down to get his axe.

He looks to be in great pain as he grabs the weapon and when he turns to look at Gareth, sharp teeth are showing in a grimace (Gareth hopes).

growl - "Go!" it says in a mockery of common. Before it stands to run towards from the river bank.

Last edited:

Spade

First Post
Gareth nodded after a moment, thankful the wolf-man had managed to stop him ending up in the river. With his armor and shield, and the monster still in there somewhere, that would have been a disaster... Still, that had worked far, far better than he had hoped it would and he wasn't going to waste the time he'd bought.

"We should leave before it comes back!" The red head called out to Drek and Willybin, hoping they could pack up the water wagon quickly, as he ignored the pain in his shin and headed over to them.

[sblock=OOC]Whew, I was worried for a bit there since I got a 11 on that check. :)[/sblock]

Remove ads