• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Offical Star Wars III Trailer (merged)

John Crichton

First Post
It's a good thing that I can communicate with a keyboard right now because that left me speechless. Kicked my butt up and down and finall punted me through the uprights.

Score!!

So dark, so cool. Anakin actually looks like he could be the universe's biggest bad-ass. The Cleansing. Wow. It's getting so close I can taste it.

There's another version here, too - http://www.movie-list.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11299

Aeric

Explorer
Up until I saw this trailer, I was skeptical about Episode III. I saw the involvement of Chewbacca completely unnecessary, and the whole concept of General Grievous (starting with his name) really turned me off. I think the final straw was the hinting at an "elaborate musical sequence" in Episode III, which ultimately turned out to be a Mon Calamari opera on Coruscant (they show it in the trailer very briefly...the big balls of water floating suspended in forcefields, very much like the blitzball game in the first cinema of Final Fantasy X).

However, this trailer totally blew me away. Some of the new vehicles look wonky, like Grievous' wheel-cycle or whatever they're calling it (it's reminiscent of some of the crappy cartoon toys from the '80s), but that's small compared to everything else. I mourn the loss of the Jedi starfighters from AOTC, but the new stubby looking fighters make for a nice transitional craft between those and the TIE fighters. And it was a lot of fun to see the old Blockade Runner all shiny and new-looking.

And Amy Allen as Aayla Secura...woo-hoo! Slave-girl Leia, eat your heart out! :D

My faith in this film is restored.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
This looks incredible even after the 10th time. :lol: Seems like when we get closer to the timeline of the original Star Wars, the movies get better. I can't beleive how good this looks. This movie is totally going to rock!!!

Aeric said:
I think the final straw was the hinting at an "elaborate musical sequence" in Episode III, which ultimately turned out to be a Mon Calamari opera on Coruscant (they show it in the trailer very briefly...the big balls of water floating suspended in forcefields, very much like the blitzball game in the first cinema of Final Fantasy X).
I was actually quite looking forward to the big Annakin/Padme song and dance number. <sigh> Gene Kelly, where is your legacy now? :(

;)

Zulithe said:
I love the midichlorians. Listen closely to everything Yoda says about the Force in ESB. It all fits together perfectly. But I agree, I hope it is at least brought up in EPIII, possibly with some more information.

If you hate midichlorians, at least read this essay first.
Hey, thanks for the link! Even without the Star Wars connection (heck, the whole point, really) it's got some cool, interesting stuff that I didn't know about mitochondria. Although when he tried to claim that there wasn't really a Dark Side of the Force, just using the Force for evil, he lost me. That's so engrained in the Star Wars mythology that I'm quite shocked that someone trying to add some scholarly discussion to Star Wars would even dream of throwin it out.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
kenobi65 said:
Looked pretty good. Lots and lots of explosions. Lightsaber duel over a lake of lava. Palpatine seducing Anakin with promise of "real power."

Now if only he had included ultimate in that sentence, and something about Jedis flipping out and killing people...

Flyspeck23

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Although when he tried to claim that there wasn't really a Dark Side of the Force, just using the Force for evil, he lost me.

True, and it was IMHO totally unnecessary. Why not, for the sake of that essay's argument, say that there's the Light Side (live) and the Dark Side (unlive/anti-live/whatever)...

Still, even after reading that essay, I don't like Midichlorians.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads