• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Offical Star Wars III Trailer (merged)

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Be careful with that one...there are some people around TheForce.net and other SW sites that are completely and utterly convinced of that being true...
Y'know, that whole virgin birth thingy just struck me as way too weird at the time, and really brought me out of the story of TPM by smacking me in the face with Christ allegory. I refuse to believe that whole "conceived by midichlorians" hoo-hah. It'd be cool to find out Anakin was the prototype of some Sith eugenics experiment.

Krieg

First Post
Flyspeck23 said:
Of course, or otherwise it would spoil the fun for everyone if the audience knew beforehand that Palpatine is Anakin's father...

You know a "Holy @#!%" moment like that would go a long way in redeeming the prequels.

Flyspeck23

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Be careful with that one...there are some people around TheForce.net and other SW sites that are completely and utterly convinced of that being true...
Really? I wasn't aware of that.
But no reason to be careful, because...

Tarrasque Wrangler said:
Y'know, that whole virgin birth thingy just struck me as way too weird at the time, and really brought me out of the story of TPM by smacking me in the face with Christ allegory. I refuse to believe that whole "conceived by midichlorians" hoo-hah. It'd be cool to find out Anakin was the prototype of some Sith eugenics experiment.
Krieg said:
You know a "Holy @#!%" moment like that would go a long way in redeeming the prequels.
My sentiments exactly.

John Crichton

First Post
Flyspeck23 said:
Of course, or otherwise it would spoil the fun for everyone if the audience knew beforehand that Palpatine is Anakin's father...
While I do think a classic Star Wars twist is coming, I don't believe that is it.

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Dude...the trailer is so much better in the theater. Worth the price of admission to Robots, which isn't that bad of a movie in itself.
quite right. Of course, Robots wasn't that great, either. Not even close to a Pixar-quality film. More on the same level as Shark Tale, which wasn't bad, but is waaaay below a Shrek or an Incredibles level movie.

The_Universe

First Post
The trailer is great. I just hope the movie is as good as it is.

I don't really think the trailer has stilled the discussion over whether Palpatine and Sidious are the same person. While in Ep. I Sidious and Palpatine could EASILY be the same person, the super-decayed sidious that has appeared a few times in the previews and the better-preserved Chancellor Palpatine don't seem as if they could be the same person.

The speculation that I have come across most frequently is that the Chancellor is a clone (under control of, or at least with the same goals as Sidious), and Sidious is the real deal. Either that or every Jedi that's ever met with the Chancellor has failed a will save vs. some kind of appearance altering mind trick EVERY TIME (not likely, I think).

Anyway, this trailer has (unfortunately) moved me from tentatively optimistic to really excited - I'll probably just be more disappointed because of it. :(

EDIT: It would be REALLY cool if Palpatine/Sidious was Anakin's father. I had never thought of that, but it would totally rock.

The_Universe said:
The trailer is great. I just hope the movie is as good as it is.

I don't really think the trailer has stilled the discussion over whether Palpatine and Sidious are the same person. While in Ep. I Sidious and Palpatine could EASILY be the same person, the super-decayed sidious that has appeared a few times in the previews and the better-preserved Chancellor Palpatine don't seem as if they could be the same person.
Uh, it was established long before the first prequel was made that the Emperor was named Palpatine, and it was obvious (same actor, same voice, same outfit) also from the first movie that Sidious was the Emperor. And if this new trailer didn't completely clear up any lingering (and baseless, IMO) doubts, I don't know what will.

Joshua Dyal said:
Uh, it was established long before the first prequel was made that the Emperor was named Palpatine, and it was obvious (same actor, same voice, same outfit) also from the first movie that Sidious was the Emperor. And if this new trailer didn't completely clear up any lingering (and baseless, IMO) doubts, I don't know what will.
If it didn't, NOTHING will. Some people will still cling to wanting to believe there's more to it, but Lucas himself has said(in the commentary on the Ep II DVD and interviews) enough to confirm that Palpatine and Sidious are the same people.

And should it be surprising if all the Jedi have been failing will saves against Palpy?

"The Dark Side clouds everything."

There's also Yoda's comment about them being blind if they couldn't see the creation of the Clone Army...AND the comment about only a Sith knowing there weakness. Besides, there's one other little thing that explains the decayed Palpy, and we saw a hint of it in the Trailer when he talked about the Dark Side powers being considered unnatural.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads