Ohio Gameday 2: Game Sign Up (5/17/03)

DanMcS

Explorer
Traffic note: The Co,OH Race for the Cure is on OSU campus that day, from 7:30 to 10:30am, but it doesn't go near the Union. If you're coming in from the west like me, it might impact you; the route hits Olentangy and Lane avenue among others. You can see the route on their page. Doesn't appear to affect the garage on high though.

http://www.columbusraceforthecure.org/

Have we got directions posted? Does anyone need directions? It looks like most of the people were at the last one, so I'm guessing maybe not.

Last edited:

fett527

First Post
I wish this was just a bump...

I will not be able to attend the Gameday.:( (I hate being a responsible adult sometimes.) Crothian, if you would please remove me from the front page so anyone who wishes to can take my place. Thanks and sorry for the short notice. I hope everyone has a good time.

No...Adriaticos...(sniff).

Quickbeam

Explorer
Sorry to hear you won't be able to attend fett527 -- I too, was almost waylaid by RL considerations. I'm a bit under the weather right now, but still plan on hitting the road tonight with Majicthise.

See y'all tomorrow.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Okay, more bad new. LrdApoc's wife is in the Hospital so he won't be able to make it. That creates two big gaps in the gameday plan.

I'll bring a few simple modules or something if people want to run them. Hopefully, we'll have something to fill the holes.

Majicthise

First Post
Looking Forward to Gameday

Hey there,
Just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to meeting the folks coming to tomorrow's Gameday at OSU. As Quickbeam mentioned, we're gearing up to head down tonight. See y'all tomorrow.
Ciao,
Majicthise

Kaffis

First Post
DanMcS said:
Traffic note: The Co,OH Race for the Cure is on OSU campus that day, from 7:30 to 10:30am, but it doesn't go near the Union. If you're coming in from the west like me, it might impact you; the route hits Olentangy and Lane avenue among others. You can see the route on their page. Doesn't appear to affect the garage on high though.

http://www.columbusraceforthecure.org/

Have we got directions posted? Does anyone need directions? It looks like most of the people were at the last one, so I'm guessing maybe not.

Directions would be appreciated. I don't have mine from last time, and the football event coupled with whichever bridge that was under construction thoroughly baffled any directional sense I might have gotten along the way.

Quickbeam

Explorer
I'm very sorry to hear about LrdApoc's wife. I will bring a short CoC adventure that I may run in the morning slot if there's interest...or I'll find my way into another game.

I don't want to spend 7-8 hours driving for just one four hour game -- even if that session of FotF turns out to be wicked cool!

DanMcS

Explorer
Directions:

Coming into columbus, your basic options are 71 and 70. You need to get to the 71 exit to 11th avenue. That's north of 70 on 71 a couple of miles.

-Go west on 11th avenue. It will pass under the railroad tracks, and then at the light, become one-way-east, so you have to turn.
-Turn right (north), and after a short block, you'll have to:
-Turn left (west) onto Chittenden. You take this road through the next several lights all the way to high street. It will dead end.
-Turn right (north) onto High. The next light is 12th. The union is at the corner here, of 12th and high.
-Turn left onto 12th, and then turn immediately right onto the little road that runs past the union, you take that up to the parking garage. In the past, it has been like 5 bucks to park all day, or if you leave late sometimes it's open and you don't even have to pay.

Getting back out is easier since the one-ways work for you, you take high south to 11th, turn left, and cruise all the way back to the freeway.

If anyone needs different directions, post where you're coming from or email me and I'll try to help you out.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases