once again, I'm confuse

ShadowMaster

First Post
Chink in the Armor - take standard action to ignore some armor.
Can I attack once or more (wich I doubt) in the same round?

Thanks.

ShadowMaster

First Post
yes

That's what I though. This power seems a little bit weak then if I have to take a full round without any attack to use it, doesn it?

Henrix

Explorer
If you're fighting a great red wyrm it could be worthwhile, as it would halve it's natural armour, giving you effectively +19 to your next attack.
But a wand of True Strike would indeed be better.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Henrix said:
If you're fighting a great red wyrm it could be worthwhile, as it would halve it's natural armour, giving you effectively +19 to your next attack.
But a wand of True Strike would indeed be better.
Not against that dragon - it takes a standard action just to activate that wand. Meaning that you get that bonus only at the start of your next turn (and still only for one attack, of course).
Against critters with lower (natural) armor, though, the wand's definitely better. :)

Crothian

First Post
Wands have charges.

Granted the Wand is better in most situations but I think many of times it's easier to use the feat then to worry about using magic.

Valicor

First Post
don't have the book with me at the moment. Does it only work for melee weapons or also ranged. Cause if ti also works for ranged, then it can be ver effective, since your at a distance and not subject to multplie attacks yourself (in most circumstances).

Crothian

First Post
Valicor said:
don't have the book with me at the moment. Does it only work for melee weapons or also ranged. Cause if ti also works for ranged, then it can be ver effective, since your at a distance and not subject to multplie attacks yourself (in most circumstances).

It doesn't specify either way. Personally, I'd be tempted to use the same restriction as sneak attack (30ft) that way the person can reasonible see the target to hit in a better place.

Henrix

Explorer
Darkness said:
Not against that dragon - it takes a standard action just to activate that wand. Meaning that you get that bonus only at the start of your next turn (and still only for one attack, of course).

Which is exactly what the feat does; it takes a standard action to activate and only counts on your next attack. Granted, it does not seem to have to be in the following round.

Remove ads