Once Upon A Time in the Weird West

doghead

thotd
Jianna, human female

Jianna frowns in the direction of the shop.

"I hope not," she sighs. "The only ones looking for me want me dead."

Whoops! That just slipped out. She wonders what the stranger will make of it. She switches tack.

"You got a name?"

silentspace

First Post
As the shadows spread over the land, the Priest peers at the girl in the fading light.

"Well I reckon you'll be safer if you stick by me. Maybe we can find some of your friends and convince them all 'friendly-like' to leave you alone."

Despite the words, his tone is rough and menacing.

"People call me Priest," he says as he heads for the provision shop.

doghead

thotd
Jianna, human female.

The Priest. Jianna knows she should be amused by that. But she's two tired to feel anything.

"I think we should ... " she tails off. Get off the road is what she was going to say. But heading into the General Provisions store wasn't really what she had had in mind. A hotel was more along the lines of what she had been hoping for. With a bar perhaps? A bath? A bed? Was that really too much to ask she sighed to herself.

Reaching under her poncho, she touches the butt of the horse pistol, reassuring herself it is still there. She follows the man who calls himself the priest towards the General Provisions store, the Swingblade held discretely at her side.

Krug

Newshound
As the two entered the provision shop, they noticed how dark it was. Cans and other provisions appear to be scattered all over the place. The air in the shop was stale and mildly foul. There were two human figures within the shop that started to shamble towards the Priest and Jianna. In the little light, they couldn't tell much about them, except they moved rather unnaturally, as though they were puppets pulled by strings, jerked abruptly to and fro.

The two figures are about 20' way, lumbering towards you.

Krug

Newshound
Round 1

Initiative: Priest, Jianna, Creature1, Creature2

Move mouse over to highlight spoiler text.

Priest:
The two detect as being creatures of Shadow.

doghead

thotd
Jianna, human female.

"Oh," Jianna breathes as she takes in the room, and the shambling ones. Something surges within her. Fear, of course. And Loathing.

There are only two of them ... we can take them.

But instead she lets herself be lead back out of the store by the man who calls himself (or whom others call to be accurate) The Priest. She moves cautiously, careful to aviod tripping over anything. She keeps the Swingblade between her and them.

"What do you have in mind?" she asks her companion quietly.

ooc: Fight defensively if attacked. Use Dodge and Agile Riposte when possible.

silentspace

First Post
Once outside the door, the Priest guides the girl to one side of the doorway, and takes up a position on the opposite side. Seeing her blade drawn and ready, he nods at her and drows his longsword and hatchet.

"We'll take 'em one at a time. Be careful, protect yourself."

Flanking at the doorway, taking them one at a time.
+8 melee (1d8+9/19-20, Longsword) and +8 melee (1d6+8, Hatchet)
Attack includes flanking bonus, damage includes bonus against undead.

Krug

Newshound
Priest, that move would take place next round. Your action this round was to detect shadow creature and to move just out of the door.

One of the creatures runs at the Priest, while the other at Jianna. There seem to be a large amount of flies on them, and the rotting smell becomes more apparent. They are humans, or rather, were humans, but not they appear to possess an unlife.

The corpse-creature, a bearded man, facing the Priest slams at him with a fist, striking with a surprising force that he is unable to dodge.

Priest takes 5 points damage.

The undead thing facing Jianna slobbers at her. It is an old woman whose jaw appears to be dislocated. Her lower jaw hangs from an awkward angle. Her blow is clumsier and awkward, and Jianna shoves her hand away.

Round 2

Priest swings his longsword at the brute that attacked him, and the righteous blade tears the creature into two. The unlife of the creature fades and it enters a state of true death. The preacher noticed a large hole-like wound at the chest portion of the creature, around the area of the heart.

Jianna's move.

Last edited:

Remove ads