D&D 5E One Shot: Legends are Made, not Born (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Snorri is impressed. Well, he was already impressed with Milady's appearance and her skill at fighting, but she also found the dwarven lock!

Trying not to stare at Milady but failing, Snorri is startled when Leilara announces she'll leave this place.

"But we just found..." the dwarf starts, but the bard has already left. Shrugging, Snorri turns towards the now opened wall, shield in one hand and warhammer in the other, staying in front of Milady.

OOC: Sorry to see you go, Charwoman Gene.

I think our marching order would be the same, except of course for the missing bard.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2j34izt.jpg


Skulltop Hillock
Morning

“Interesting,” Milady murmured as she pressed the secret latch and the rock door slid open. Milady turned as the bard announced she was leaving.

“Watch out for the giant skunk on the way out,” she warned. She settled her rapier and hand crossbow in hand, slipping into her place in the order, peering into the doorway dimly lit by the torch.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 40
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Read Aloud:
This cavern is about 35 feet in diameter with a low 7-foot ceiling. Along the west wall (near the secret door) are several stacks of crates. Positioned in front of the crates is a small wagon. To the south, several small casks are tucked into the corner. Each bears the symbol of an ale cask with crossed barley sheaves superimposed on it.


There is a great shouting echoing off the walls and Hassan immediately puts everyone but Snorri in the dark. You hear a deep gravely voice yelling, "Get them back in the pen! No!! No!! Keep it shut while you gather those last two, you idiot!"

Snorri advances to the edge of the room with Mi'Lady's hand on his shoulder, her crossbow at the ready. Looking east across the way he sees a large chamber with a higher ceiling and a huge chest at the far wall. A small red glow like dying embers lights a small area. To the south he sees the tunnel twist and turn till nothing is in sight, but there is a faint steady light coming in from the east.

The smell of old mildew and fresh sweat comes from the room to the east.

[sblock=Map]
00_ogre cave_2.jpg[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
”You see that chest?” Snorri whispers.

”Let’s move on but return to it later,” the dwarf suggests as he moves towards the south, trying to stay quiet.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2j34izt.jpg


Skulltop Hillock
Morning

“No, good dwarf, I can see nothing,” Milady whispered in reply, only somewhat testily. She was trying to be as quiet as she could, while trying not to trip in the dark. Idly, one of her fingers toyed lightly with the small hairs of his beard at the side of Snorri’s neck.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 40
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Explorer
*twang*

"Uh-oh,"
mutters the dwarf.

*rumble* *rumble*

"Look out!"

Suddenly there is a half dozen crudely spiked logs rolling down towards the dwarf and human. They crash loudly and Hassan throws up his light so he can run to the duos aid, Badger cautiously behind him.

*ROOOFF!* *ROFFF!* *ROF!*


Then a loud barking comes from down the hallway. Snorri sees a wolf with a bloody muzzle (one of the sheep at its feet) growling and barking like mad. But he can't think of that now with his head swimming from the triple tree stumps that thumped him good.

OOC: Log Trap:
Perception DC 12
+5 ATK, 1d10 dmg
Snorri [roll0], [roll1]
Mi'Lady [roll2], [roll3]
Note: disadvantage to Perception checks with darkvision (or -5)


[sblock=Map]
00_ogre cave_3.jpg[/sblock]

[sblock=LOL]
Traps4.jpg[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2j34izt.jpg


Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Milady heard the rumble. “Watch out!” she tried to alert Snorri. She leapt nimbly, blindly, but somehow managed to find a handhold on the rocky wall that got her clear of the rolling spiked logs. The dwarf wasn't so fortunate, she saw, once Hassan brought the light.

“Are you alright?” she asked, helping Snorri to his feet. She heard the barking and growling from further down the passage, spotting the wolf. “So much for sneaking around.” She drew her weapons again and faced the wolf. They needed to shut it up, so she fired her crossbow at it. Unfortunately, the bolt struck the fence.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Crossbow attack: 1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10
1D6+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 40
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Ouch! That brings Snorri to 1 hp...


Not being as nimble as Milady, Snorri may have been distracted by the proximity of the attractive woman and instead of jumping over the wooden logs, the dwarf steps onto one, his foot slipping from underneath him. As he falls to the ground, other logs start rolling into him, slamming painfully into his body and head.

Snorri moans as he slowly gets up, favoring one leg and putting his hand on a lump on his forehead. "Not alright," he answers softly, although he tries to pull himself together upon spotting the wolf.

Grabbing his crossbow, the dwarf quickly loads a bolt and shoots it at the canine threat. Even though it hits the wolf, Snorri's aim was slightly off so that it did not do as much damage as it would have otherwise.

OOC: Attack with crossbow: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
 

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Surprise round over, and those dots are not a fence they are links of a chain (sorry about that).
Rusty old chain burst DC 14 (normally DC 20)
Wolf: AC 13, HP 10/11


Snorri's bolt clips the hound and makes it even madder. It rushes out at the dwarf... [roll0]

"RUUFF!!" "RUFF!!" "GRRR!" "yelp"

... but the chain pulls it up short, just four feet from Snorri's face.
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2j34izt.jpg


Skulltop Hillock
Morning

“Be quiet!” Milady snarls back at the wolf. She stepped around Snorri and stabbed at the beast with her rapier and shot another crossbow bolt at it for good measure. The beast danced clear of the rapier, but the bolt caught it in the chest.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Rapier attack: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10

Hand crossbow attack: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16
1D6+3 = [5]+3 = 8

Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 40
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]
 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top