• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E One Shot: Legends are Made, not Born (IC)

KahlessNestor

Explorer


Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Milady helped the woman out of the cage and glanced at the dwarven carpenter. “So should we tie him up and lug him with us?” she asked the others.

She moved over to help Hassan get the gnome free. “This one might need some medical attention, dear,” she said to Snorri.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Athletics [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 39 Used: 0
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ogre gemstone (Milady)
Black bear pelt (Milady)
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Snorri almost jumps forward when Milady beckons. He is obviously enjoying a woman who can tell him what to do, and the dwarf walks over to the gnome captive. While studying him to find out what ails the gnome, Snorri says worriedly, "Don't like the sound of someone summoning something, particularly requiring sacrifices. Bound to be a demon or somethin'. We best get these people out and stop this ritual. Badger, can you find out which scroll he intends to use?"

OOC: Medicine check to see what ails the gnome: [roll0]
If the gnome is badly injured (very low on hp), Snorri will cast a spell of Cure Wounds; but since that will be the last spell slot for now, he'd rather not.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
The gnome seems to be suffering more from a mental/emotional trauma (being put on the menu), than from any lasting physical harm.

Hassan pulls on a board. "Urrr.. If it isn't one thing it's another. We can't leave these people alone unguarded, and we can't take them with us if we run into a demon or worse."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Snorri nods, his expression serious. He pats the gnome lightly on his shoulder, and says, ”Come on, we’re gettin’ ye all out of here.”

Turning to his allies, the dwarf asks thoughtfully, ”Can we escort ‘em out of this place, then have someone take ‘em home while we be confrontin’ this Suto fellow?”
 

EarlyBird

Villager
"Do we have the time?" the paladin asks looking to Badger. "We don't have enough information, maybe we just leave and hope the demon eats Suto." he adds but you know that he doesn't like that ideal at all.
 

tglassy

Explorer
“I can’t leave,” Badger said. “There is too much information here. Too much research. It will take me days to figure out if any of it is useful, and I can’t have a summoned monster running around while I’m doing it. You can leave if you must, but I must stay and stop this ruffian from his designs.”


Sent from my iPhone using EN World
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Milady rolled her eyes. “We can take it with us, you crazy old man,” she told Badger. “Why tangle with a demon? We signed up to rescue some villagers from an ogre. We’ve done that. Let’s get our coin and get out of this backwater. We don’t even know where to find this Suto.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Athletics [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 39 Used: 0
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ogre gemstone (Milady)
Black bear pelt (Milady)
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
"I don't like any of this." Hassan grunts looking back into the other room. "The odd behavior of the ogre, this prison. I don't want to return these people only to have another evil show up on their doorstep."

He hefts his halberd. "I am going to go look for this wizard. Hopefully I can stop him before he summons anything. If not," he leaves the ominous outcome hanging in the air. Before he goes he turns to the captives. "I am sorry I would have liked to have returned to you your homes, but the risk is to great. I hope you understand."

With that he moves confidently back to the other room.

[sblock=Map]
00_below cave _2.jpg[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Milady sighed and looked at Snorri. “I don’t suppose we can leave him to get himself killed, can we?” she asked, pulling out her hand crossbow and rapier again. She looked to the captives they had just freed. “I am sorry. We will show you the way we came in. It should be safe. Just be careful of the giant skunk. But I am afraid you will have to make your own way home while we deal with this,” she told them. “This way.” She headed off after Hassan.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Athletics [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 39 Used: 0
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ogre gemstone (Milady)
Black bear pelt (Milady)
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Morri shrugs and follows Milady and Hassan to find the wizard. The dwarf looks back at the captives and motions for them to follow.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Hassan leads the way his light cast on the end of his halberd. He moves down the narrow hallway and then suddenly...

[sblock=Noise]
[video=youtube_share;BcSXr1uTsGg]https://youtu.be/BcSXr1uTsGg[/video][/sblock]

fungus.jpg

A crazy shrieking noises starts to fill the area. The group has but moments to react.

OOC: Fungus INIT: [roll0]
Post your action and rolls to try and stop the fungus.
Also post an INIT to see how long it shrieks before you stop it.
 

tglassy

Explorer
Badger hears the screams, and flashes back to a moment twenty years ago. The screams. The blood. Anna.

Badger’s rod spun deftly in his hand as he raised it towards the fungus, fire erupting from the ground around the fungus.

Init: [roll0]
Action: Cast Create Bonfire centered on the fungi. DC 13 Dex saving throw or they take [roll1] fire damage. Fungus must make saving throw at end of every turn it stays in that spot or take an additional d8 of damage.


Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
An uncharacteristic scream erupts from Snorri. The normally quiet dwarf drops his weapon and shield, turns his head away while covering one ear with a hand while his other hand instinctively makes a warding gesture at the source of the noise. A sliver of bright celestial energy arcs towards the shrieking fungus.

OOC: Init: [roll0]
Casting Sacred Flame: Target must make a DC 12 Dexterity save or take [roll1] radiant damage.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Initiative: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

Milady grimaced, covering her ears. Oh, bloody hell! And the dwarf screaming was even worse!

Milady pulled a torch out of her bag and lit it. Then a bonfire erupted in the middle of the fungus.

Milady sighed. “Figures,” she muttered, standing there holding her burning torch as Snorri shot out sacred fire, as well.

OOC: Technically, lighting a torch is an action, I believe (she does have a tinderbox, so not sure if that shortens the time. I am AFB), so that is all she can do.


[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 39 Used: 0
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ogre gemstone (Milady)
Black bear pelt (Milady)
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: [roll0] [roll1]
pretty sure it is taking all that dmg + the extra each round


"Forget that!" Hassan says moving further down the hallway. "Look!" he says using the shining light from his halberd to point at a pair of double doors made of stone.

"Let's go!" he yells not waiting to see if anyone follows and disappears through the stone doors.

OOC: Use your INIT above to give me your actions. Everything is happening fast, wish to keep it all fair.
Round 2:
Mi'Lady
Badger
Snorri
Hassan
Opponents?

[sblock=Map]
00_below cave _2.jpg[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Snorri tries to quit screaming, and instead the volume lessens to a groan as he follows Hassan at a run, swinging his hammer carelessly at the toadstool in passing.

OOC: Move my speed up the corridor and attack when next to the shrieker: [roll0] for [roll1] damage.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Milady rolled her eyes. “Yes, let’s rush through doors that we have no idea what is on the other side,” she said, following after Hassan. The shriekers were harmless, just very loud, and everyone in the cave complex would know they were here now. Milady tossed the torch she had lit at the shrieker and then readied her crossbow and rapier as she moved through the doors after Hassan.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 39 Used: 0
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ogre gemstone (Milady)
Black bear pelt (Milady)
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Through the stone doors is an impressive temple like chamber, 25 feet wide and 40 feet long. The center of the floor is dominated by a pentagram carved into the floor. Almost all of the engraved symbol is filled with silver. Beyond the pentagram to the right is a large metal brazier holding a roaring flame that softly illuminates the room. At the far end of the room, the south wall has been carved into the likeness of a hideous frog-like demonic head with a wide maw. The lower half of the mouth forms a small altar, and gemstones serve as eyes. A five foot wide hole is situated on the floor in front of the altar. A stooped wrinkled human male with chalky white skin is busy at the brazier. Using a pair of tongs, he holds a crucible over the greedy flames, melting its contents. Near the brazier is a stack of silver ingots, and a pile of fire wood.
00_Suto.jpg

Warned by the shrieking fungus, the wizard has already started a spell. Then he moves towards the back of the room, a mist rising from the floor following him. Thin at first, but as it rises it grows faster and thicker until finally the room is engulfed in a fog cloud.

OOC: Everyone effectively blinded. So disadvantage on attacks.
There is a "five foot wide hole" in the floor that the wizard is hiding behind.
So if you advance on him for melee, you will need to roll a DEX save to avoid it.

INIT:
Suto casts fog cloud
Party - is up

[sblock=Map]
00_below cave _5.jpg[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top