D&D (2024) OneD&D Character Origins summary

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
So what is WoTC's excuse for nerfing the Dragonborn's Breath Weapon back to the PHB version? curious
Probably to find out how many people own Fizban's and liked the power-up the breath weapon got. The survey will tell them whether most people were appreciative of the Fizban boost, or if most people didn't really care either way.

So folks should make sure to fill out the survey if they want to see the Fizban level maintained.

Shiroiken

Legend
Savage Attacker (already bad lol) also got nerfed. It still applies to 1 attack/turn, but now only applies when you take the Attack Action, so doesn't apply on Bonus Action attacks, or more importantly, Opportunity Attacks, taking a 3/10 Feat to like, 2/10.
Kinda came here for this. Even moving it among some of the weaker feats (plus Lucky), it's still garbage. IMO Lucky probably needs to be pulled off the lv 1 list, but I do like the change to Proff instead of a flat 3.

Asisreo

Patron Badass
Savage Attacker (already bad lol) also got nerfed. It still applies to 1 attack/turn, but now only applies when you take the Attack Action, so doesn't apply on Bonus Action attacks, or more importantly, Opportunity Attacks, taking a 3/10 Feat to like, 2/10.
So far, I agree. But it feels like something wonky is happening with crits behind the scenes.

It's odd because it feels like everything crit related is being nerfed but...against players since monsters can't crit anymore? Weird, wonder what they're getting at.

Not sure if I like ANY combat interrupting a long rest. DMs can already interrupt your rest by suggesting more enemies are nearby. The rule seems like it's going to be used in a somewhat negative or annoying way more often than a suspenseful or meaningful way.

Setting aside the Asian nesting doll issues regardless of how they choose to address race or lineage, it's a pretty solid mix of good mediocre and bad.

I'm really curious if they're going to move feats from optional to core how much time they're going to spend balancing in them. They gave up halfway through next for good reasons.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Not sure if I like ANY combat interrupting a long rest. DMs can already interrupt your rest by suggesting more enemies are nearby. The rule seems like it's going to be used in a somewhat negative or annoying way more often than a suspenseful or meaningful way.
There is nothing WotC can do to stop an irritating DM. Annoying DMs and going to annoy regardless of the rules. WotC cannot make all their design decisions around trying to stop those people.

Remove ads