• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oni's doodles [Update: 08/11/04, or Playing Hero.]

gamecat

Explorer
If you would be so kind:

Brandon Westenberger the Jovial of Haugdenbourg

Brown hair in a parted-down-the-middle choirboy cut

WtJ wears metal plates over his shoulders, something to stop swordblows, but not to interfere w/ spellcasting, laquered with a flame pattern

A sword w/ a hilt stylized to look like a chimera, and a knife on a leather strap going across his chest leading to his spell component pouch. Both sheaths have a flame pattern about them.

A cloak that has a high collar leading up to about his cheeks.

His clothing is predominately black and red. If the back of his neck is visible (your call) a blue-and-silver shield tattoo with a chimera rampant on it takes up his entire nape of neck.

All of his gear (save the sword) are emblazoned w/ the following symbol (attached)

Oh forgot something: Jackboots. Big 'n heavy evil-stomper boots.

If you would interpet, I'd be very thankful!

Attachments

• wtj.bmp
    38.3 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Oni said:
For the record, I still haven't figured out a good way to render chainmail (or developed the patience for it either), that stuff is evile (that is evil + vile).

I'd like to quietly point out that my character (Jonah the wood elf ranger/rog, posted above) wears studded leather, not chainmail. :)

-z

wizardoftheplains

First Post
Hi Oni. Great work. Really like your pencils.

www.goodbrush.com
check out that guy's work for chainmail technique. I forget his name but he does a lot of concept sketches for big movies.
it's a deep site, be sure to peruse all of it. also, the gentleman works mostly in painter (photoshop's big brother). he's so good it looks like oils.

if you're still taking requests, i'm about to start a winged-sprite character (homebrew) named Fix.
Male Socerer1 Rogue1. 6" tall. bluish-green in color. dark green tunic, light green leggings.
wields two tiny daggers.

Once again, nice work. g.:)

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
Whoa! What's up with the mushrooms in Jinx's Gnome character pic??

Ok, if ya feel up to it, here's my request:

A female dwarf (full beard, of course), with a greatsword and wearing a breastplate.

She's ugly, dirty, and smells really bad. She wears an eye patch.

Oni

First Post
What's this? An update? The end times must be nigh!

Sorry for the delay folks. I've been very busy of late what with the end of the quarter here at school. Also I've been working very diligently with a friend of mine to put together a webcomic so that has eaten a lot of my time. However I am currently on spring break, so I'm hoping to get at least a few new doodles up as I find the time to do them.

What we have here is Jonah, as described above by Zaruthustran. Again a little more experimenting on my part. This is a inked drawing then coloured in greyscale in photoshop, then sepia toned. I'm pretty happy with this one, though with my internet being out for several days I didn't have access to any photo references so the various animal skins I had to guess at. Anyway enough babbling from me, here's the drawing.

Attachments

• jonahsepia03.jpg
    jonahsepia03.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 558

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
NICE! And THANKS!

Last Sunday he got two new articles of clothing: a cloak made of juvenile green dragon hide (complete with hood made from face/snout) and a belt buckle made of interlocking fiendish dire boar tusks.

That fiendish dire boar was a tough fight. It knocked 19 points off Jonah's 30 hps in the first round of combat and ko'd the cleric with a crit in the second round of combat. That left a raging, +12 BAB/+12 dam, 60hp, DR creature to be taken down by him and the cleric's animal companions (a wolf and jaguar). The jaguar was slain, and Jonah was reduced to 2 hit points (thank god for healing potions).

Anyway..

Thanks for the pic!

Remove ads