• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Against the Slavers A1-A4, 3.0 rules

Halivar

First Post
Thels said:
Rhm, I'm getting confused. 3.0 Elves have Longsword proficiency too.
I may have been misunderstanding something all along. I know all 3.0 MM elves have longsword prof's, but I was unaware PHB races had racial weapon proficiencies at all (but there it is, page 16 of the PHB under Elves).

PS: You guys are going to find out real quick that I'm a writer, and I'm a math nerd, but I'm no lawyer. It is my solemn vow not to cheat you, so let me know when I goof on the rules.

PPS: Also, this game has started with more rules faux pas on my part than any other game I've run. I'm not normally like this. Promise! Don't get scared!
wink.gif

PPPS: Bob is naked right now, as is Thels (except for a lovely headband). Thels's character also needs a background and a name (he must be trying to create the greatest wizard name EVAR).

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Halivar said:
I hadn't gone over Orbril's spell list yet. Level 3 bards and level 2 druids cast level 1 spells max. Tonguez, make sure to consult the appropriate spells/day tables in the PHB.

For a level 3 bard, it's 3/1 spells per day, with 6/3 spells known. Since your charisma is 16, you get bonus spells for level 1, 2 and 3. But you cannot cast level 3 spells yet, so you don't get this benefit until you take another level of bard. Since you're level 2 druid, you get 4/2 spells per day, with bonus spells for level 1 and 2 spells for having a wisdom score of 15.

Yep sorry I got bonus spell crazy - its a habit of listing All 'Spells known' so I don't have to refer back when I level up. Still restricted by 'spells per day' limit however

Halivar

First Post
We're almost there, kiddos!

Tonguez - You have flaming sphere grayed, why is that? Also remember that you cannot cast pyrotechnics or major image. Your bardic spells known should be (6/3), not (6/3/1/1).

Bob - I still need to know what the Captaining feat is before I can let you take it.

Thels - Still need background, name and sundries.

Once those three issues are taken care of, I'm ready to start.

Bob Aberton

First Post
Oops, sorry 'bout that.

Captaining (General)
You can effectively lead your crew in their day-to-day activities.
Prerequisites: Sailing skill (8 ranks)
Benefit: When you have the Captaining feat, any crew under your comand gains a +2 circumstance bonus to all skill checks that are needed to run the ship (Navigation, Pilot, & Sailor).

I just looked it over and realized that if by "sailing skill" it means Profession: Sailor, my character only has half the necessary ranks.

OTOH, if you consider Profession: Pilot and Profession: Navigator as subsets of the Sailing skill, then "Captain" Jack does have enough total ranks.

So shall I change it for something else or what?

Halivar

First Post
Thels, ya still with us? Let me know if you can't join in. As is, you just need a 3.0 spell list, background, name and miscellaneous adventuring gear. Then we can start the game up.

ferretguy

First Post
Halivar, Just to let you know, I'm going to be unavailible for a couple of days. Will be back on Saturday evening (going to a course in San Diego whoohoo), and if time if anything goes on I'll try to check tomorrow before I leave...
Otherwise play me as the revenge seeking Monk with a sneaky past for a couple of days.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads