(OOC) Emerald City Knights

Walking Dad

First Post
GREYHOUND IV below

(assuming you agree with my rules interpretation above)

---

[sblock=Greyhound]
Greyhound72.jpg

STRENGTH 2
AGILITY 4
FIGHTING (6) 10
AWARENESS 1
STAMINA 3
DEXTERITY 3
INTELLECT 0
PRESENCE 0

POWERS
Fast Attack: Damage 1, Strength-based, Multiattack and Penetrating on 5 Damage • 11 points
• Damage 1, Strength-based, Burst Area and Selective on 5 Damage • 1 point

Fast Martial Arts: Enhanced Dodge 11, Enhanced Parry 5, Enhanced Fighting 4 • 24 points

Super-Speed: Enhanced Initiative 3, Quickness 10, Speed 15 (64,000 MPH)• 28 points
• Super Recovery: Regeneration 10 (persistent) • 1 point

Run On Water: Movement 1 (Water Walking), Limited to While Moving • 1 point

Run Through Walls: Movement 1 (Permeate 1), Limited to While Moving • 1 points

Run Up Walls: Movement 2 (Wall-crawling 2), Limited to While Moving • 2 points

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Equipment 2, Improved Crit: Clubs 1, Improved Initiative 3, Instant Up, Luck 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge

EQUIPMENT (10 total)
Utility (Commlink, GPS, Smartphone) 4
Clubs (str damage 2)x2 4
Armored Costume (Protection 2) 2

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat: Batons 5 (+15) Intimidate 8 (+8), Expertise: (Martial Arts) 5 (+5), Perception 8 (+9)

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +16
Throw +3 Ranged, Damage 2
Fast Attack +15 Close, Damage 5, Multiattack 5, Penetrating 5

DEFENSE
DODGE 15 FORTITUDE 10
PARRY 15 TOUGHNESS 5/3*
WILL 10 *Without Costume

COMPLICATIONS
Identity: James 'Jim' Marks
Motivation: Justice

Power Point Summary: Abilities 38 PP + Defense 16 PP + Skills 18 PP + Advantages 9 PP + Powers 69 PP = 150 PP

[sblock=Background]
James Marks never lived an ordinary life. Coming from a poor family in a bad part of the town, it was only a question of time before he was convicted for gang-related crimes.
But he was lucky. The man who beated him and the others as they tried to mug him sensed in his moves not only potential for gratness, but also that he was holding back, trying not to permanently hurt an innocent man.
As a martial arts instructor in a local dojo, he offered him training and shelter. James was soon good in many styles, but excelled in the Phillipinian stick-fighting art Escrima.

Growing up and becoming a teacher was great. Finding his true love was even better. But it was then when fate hit him hardest. His gang was now led by one of the others that were accompanying him on the botched robbery that changed his life. Back from prison after being judged as an adult, he was sure that James bailed him out.
They attacked James and his girlfriend Monica only a few streets away from the dojo. James fought valiently, holding his own versus fists, knifes and clubs. But he couldn't dodge bullets.
With Monica killed they left him dying in the alley. He was brought in the hospital and it seemed he had some epilleptic shock after being dignosed to never walk again.

The shock, trauma and grief triggered something in him, a latent mutation layn dormant so long.

First it channeled inward, throwing his healing capabilities in overdrive. Shocked and not sure what happened, he faked still needing a stick to walk properly. The healing ability was gone again.

He soon realized that he had now access to inhuman speed, that also improved his coordination, letting him execute martial arts move much to advanced for him before. Working as part time instructor and writing articles for various martial arts magazines, he started his vigilante career...

Taking his name from a local urban legend about a greyhound that hunts the wicked boys, able to outrun anyone, he become Greyhound.
[/sblock][/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Alternative:

If the protection 3 costume is to much, I will reduce it to 2, like the archetype and make following changes:

STAMINA 3

EQUIPMENT (5 total)
Utility (Commlink, GPS, Rebreather) 3
Armored Costume (Protection 2) 2

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 8 (+8), Close Combat: Batons 5 (+15) Intimidate 8 (+8), Expertise: (Martial Arts) 5 (+5), Perception 8 (+9)

DEFENSE
DODGE 15 FORTITUDE 10
PARRY 15 TOUGHNESS 5/3*
WILL 10 *Without Costume

Power Point Summary: Abilities 38 PP + Defense 16 PP + Skills 18 PP + Advantages 7 PP + Powers 71 PP = 150 PP

No I don't have a problem with equipment for Protection 3. Equipment has some built in limitations that balance its cheapness somewhat. Plus as you say there is precedent in official builds.

hero4hire

Explorer
Is this a houserule?

It is my interpretation of the rule. I maybe have a 2 strength (I am a big guy) and can break a baseball bat by hitting it as hard as I can against pavement. Proving that Power Attack *also* can represent hitting harder.

It is equipment. It is breakable. Do 10 damage with it with superspeed or what have you, it is going to break/melt etc.

You got the same effect and MORE for the same points by going a different route but it is your prerogative not to take my suggestion.

Walking Dad

First Post
And if a martial artist makes a break test with his bare hands (to smash stone) or sword (to cut through a helm), the lighter, more breakable object survives the hit. And my reading is RAW.
But I will adjust to the GM.

But I dislike you're suggestion to make my abilities part of the weapon. The point is that he uses a normal weapon...

rangerjohn

Explorer
All were saying is equipment, not devices or inherent powers, has an inherent flaw, to be destroyed if more, I guess, force is applied than their toughness. The GM can also just say at whim it doesn't work, for whatever reason. These are the flaws, that make it so cheap. Ie 5 to 1 price breakdown.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads