(OOC) Emerald City Knights

hero4hire

Explorer
I came up with another character concept, but I'm concerned that it might be competing with the existing martial artist. As it stands, it seems that Momentum is the only completed "energy controller. How much time do we have before things need to be "finalized"?

I would like to start wrapping stuff up sooner than later as people have a tendency to lose interest if things don't start rolling right away.

So if you want to go with something different getting it posted the next day or two would be great. It doesn't have to be 100% finished though.

hero4hire

Explorer
Alrighty 1st review up.

Fusion - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 4, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Advantages
Attractive 2, Benefit, Wealth 4 (multimillionare), Connected, Contacts, Improved Critical 2: Unarmed, Improved Trip, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Power Attack, Skill Mastery: Vehicles

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+8), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise: Current Events 1 (+5), Expertise: Pop Culture 1 (+5), Insight 6 (+10), Investigation 6 (+10), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+10), Technology 11 (+15), Vehicles 13 (+15)

Powers
Fusion Outfit: Feature 2 (Quirk: limited in color and material)
Fusion Resilience
. . Immunity: Immunity 1 (Environmental Condition: Radiation)
. . Protection: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness)
Fusion Transform: Variable 6 (Check Required 6: DC 16 - Technology, Distracting)
Supercharged Morphogenesis: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)

Offense
Initiative +4
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 15)

Complications
Fame
Motivation: Doing Good
Motivation: Thrills

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 4, Toughness 10, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 43 + Advantages 15 + Skills 34 (68 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 150

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2011 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Points totals check out nicely.

Have a couple points and comments.

Distracting Every time you maintain your Variable power (i.e. every round) would count for Distracting. Not sure if you would enjoy playing that.

Variable Variable supposedly has a built in limiter so it adheres to a tight concept. Like a physical shapeshifter or power mimic. You have stuff ranging from physical alterations to skill enhancements (combat computers?) to quickness & create. It ends up looking to me like it was used as a point savings instead of sticking to a concept. Maybe if I understood the descriptors better?

Regeneration One of the powers I am really leery of letting into my games. Especially if it seems sort of "tacked on" to a concept.

Concept I like the concept of "thrillseeking rich girl" turned racecar driver who basically becomes a autobot. But with her skills and advantages she ends up more like Mister Terrific who becomes an Autobot.
+15 technology makes her more than "a bit of a gearhead". Improved Crit of 2 ranks in Unarmed is more than you learn at your local YMCA. Not that I am against people wanting to be good at stuff but the background does not represent how she got all this training. Why she strived to hob-knob with people of influence and established contacts and connections. Why did she learn detective skills and/or forensic training?

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
h4h - I've revised the Spellslinger's mechanics a bit to better fit her background; when I built her initially, I started with a PL8 M&M2e character I'd created for another game (which didn't get going) and where the character had a somewhat different concept.

So Agility and Dexterity reduced, Presense increased, skills reworked almost completely, added multi-attack, reduced ranks of defenseive roll, dropped ranged combat skill ranks in favor of adding accurate to her power (she's not an elite marksman -- she's quick, and a decent marksman, but she also has magic guns), protection increased so removeable applies.

hero4hire

Explorer
Up next is Greyhound.

Only have two points of discussion.

Points balance out nicely.

Tight concept. Super-speed martial artist. I grok it almost immediately.

Regeneration Again this is a troubling power for me. Thematically though I do find it appropriate. Mechanically that it is an alternate of your super-speed (meaning you cannot run around and heal) might make it okay. HOWEVER if the character gets in and I find out it still is breaking the game for me I may ask you to change it.

Equipment Stacking w/ Powers There is allowance for Str based damage to stack. I am going to assume he has metal batons (8 toughness) that means he will break his batons if he does over 8 damage. This is the limitation of equipment.

I do have a suggestion though. If you limited your extras on your Fast Attack damage to 3 then buy an easily removable device with Damage 2 and the same extras that stacks with your Fast Attack you will not only get the same effect, but you can add Split Attack and Protection 1 as a power, eliminating equipment for the same points. I whipped it up in herolab. Let me know what you think.

Greyhound II - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 3, Fighting 10/6, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Initiative 3, Instant Up, Luck, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 7 (+9), Close Combat: Batons 5 (+15), Expertise: Martial Arts 6 (+6), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 8 (+9)

Powers
Crashsuit: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
Device (Easily Removable)
. . Batons: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19; Multiattack, Penetrating 2, Split: 2 targets, Stacks with: Fast Attack: Strength-based Damage 1+2)
. . . . Batons II: Strength-based Burst Area Damage 2 (Alternate; DC 19; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Selective, Stacks with: Fast Attack II: Strength-based Burst Area Damage 1+2)
Fast Attack: Strength-based Damage 1+2 ([Stacking ranks: +2], DC 20; Multiattack [2 extra ranks], Penetrating 3)
. . Fast Attack II: Strength-based Burst Area Damage 1+2 (Alternate; [Stacking ranks: +2], DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Selective)

Fast Martial Arts: Enhanced Trait 24 (Traits: Dodge +11 (+15), Parry +5 (+15), Fighting +4 (+10))
Run anywhere: Movement 4 (Permeate 1: speed rank -2, Wall-crawling 2, Water Walking 1: -1 speed rank; Limited: Only while moving)
Super-Speed (Advantages: Improved Initiative 3)
. . Fast Heal: Regeneration 10 (Alternate; Every 1 round; Persistent)
. . Quickness: Quickness 10 (Perform routine tasks in -10 time ranks)
. . Speed: Speed 15 (Speed: 64000 miles/hour, 120 miles/round)

Offense
Initiative +16
Fast Attack II: Strength-based Burst Area Damage 2 (DC 19)
Fast Attack: Strength-based Damage 2, +10 (DC 19)
Batons II: Strength-based Burst Area Damage 1+2 (DC 20)
Batons: Strength-based Damage 1+2, +15 (DC 20)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +3 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 17)

Complications
Identity
Motivation: Justice
Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 15/4, Parry 15/10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 5/3, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 70 + Advantages 8 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 150

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2011 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
I have a few character ideas. The first is MOMENTUM, who has the ability to control motion and velocity. I'll post him below. Essentially, his backstory is that he was (and maybe still is) a world-renowned physicist who, during experimentations, accidentally gave himself the ability to control motion. Being a fairly altruistic type, Momentum has just now gotten his powers under control and is now looking to use them for the betterment of humanity.

Well you probably know I like Kinetic Control a lot. ;)

Skills & Advantages match Background well enough.

I do have a couple issues, if you are still interested in submitting Momentum.

I initially did not like your limit (only moving targets) but after some thinking on it it seems to be about the same level as limited direction and it seems like an appropriate flaw for what you are trying to do.

Environment (Impede Movement) is limited to 2 degrees for a -2 to speed. The power doesn't allow for degrees bought beyond that. So Environment of 6 degrees bought at 4 ranks is impossible. While you could use the 30pp to buy up the ranks to a ridiculous radius. I would prefer if you didn't and leave it around where it is.

Senses Radius Sight powers limited to only detect movement is just weird to me.
I know it would be more expensive, but the power you seem to want is Detect (Motion) made accurate with range and radius on it. Perception limited only to your detect is definitely do-able

Beyond those he looks good.

hero4hire

Explorer
May be for the best, the picture was actually of Batman, so was not totally black.

Well Bat-ears are almost totally unacceptable. We have to maintain some illusion of originality for our knockoffs. ;)

How about this?

Black_Fox_II_001.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads