(OOC) Emerald City Knights

Thanee

First Post
I'm pretty sure, the math is correct.

Skill Ranks are the numbers in parantheses behind the skills.

Also, note, that I changed the Boomerang (and Ranged Combat Skill) to make it more straightforward (no Accurate anymore, no Diminished Range anymore, +2 Ranged Combat skill to compensate for the loss of Accurate).

Takedown is 2 PP per Rank? I wouldn't know about that... ah, I see what you mean... no the Ranked (2) means there is a max. of 2 Ranks available for that Advantage.

I can break down the Alternate Effects, one moment, I will edit them in.

Bye
Thanee

rangerjohn

Explorer
I'm pretty sure, the math is correct.

Skill Ranks are the numbers in parantheses behind the skills.

Also, note, that I changed the Boomerang (and Ranged Combat Skill) to make it more straightforward (no Accurate anymore, no Diminished Range anymore, +2 Ranged Combat skill to compensate for the loss of Accurate).

Bye
Thanee

Well then I guess bolas needs to be changed to +14, under offense.

Thanee

First Post
You are welcome. :)

Well then I guess bolas needs to be changed to +14, under offense.

Ah... yes, that is indeed incorrect... but the +12 is right (more is not allowed with 8 Effect Ranks)... I need to change the Bola power to accomodate for that other change... :lol:

Reworked the Bola (called it Smart Bola now) with Inaccurate to get the Attack Bonus down to +12 and Homing 1, as well as Reversible, so you could give the Bola a command (via radio) to free an entangled target from it. Gives the whole thing a bit more flair.

I also reduced the range for all the thrown weapons with high Effect Ranks. These are no long-range weapons. In turn, the Effect Rank is slightly higher still, which is probably more useful, anyways.

Anyways... sheet is updated with detailed costs (and some Expertise: Business).

"(Power Cost: 3x1-1 = 2 PP)"

These mean RANKS x COST PER RANK +/- FLAT COSTS/REDUCTIONS = TOTAL COST

In silver are actual PP costs, in orange they only indicate the cost inside the Array Slot (to see that it fits and how the power is built).

Extras/Flaws have their cost listed in square brackets. [+/-1] means a change in cost per Rank, while [+/- 1 PP] means a flat cost/reduction.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
One thing I am wondering... when you have a strength-based, range increased Damage Effect (i.e. the Boomerang), do you base the actual ranges on the Effect Rank (i.e. 2) or the combined Rank of Strength+Effect (i.e. 6)?

Bye
Thanee

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ok couldn't wait will probably make these changes:
Int 5 +8 pp

Jack of All Trades 1 PP
-8 skill Points on Technology and Investigation -4 PP
-Assessment
-Weapon Bind
-Improved Defense
-Improved Disarm
-Defensive Attack

Well either that or I need to decide how he became a multimillionaire and got the equipment. Would inheriting major control of stock in a company that supplies the military do it? Ala Batman Begins.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
One thing I am wondering... when you have a strength-based, range increased Damage Effect (i.e. the Boomerang), do you base the actual ranges on the Effect Rank (i.e. 2) or the combined Rank of Strength+Effect (i.e. 6)?

Bye
Thanee
I would think so, as you can actually use your base Str as the base effect of an array (see the Damage effect).

rangerjohn

Explorer
[MENTION=478]Thanee[/MENTION] Shouldn't the Glider Wings be Flight 4 -1 Gliding -1 Removable = 2 ? Oops nevermind, didn't realize Flight is 2 points per rank.

So its Flight 2 -1 Gliding points per rank *4 = 4 -1 removable = 3 points. This stuff gets complicated.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
I came up with another character concept, but I'm concerned that it might be competing with the existing martial artist. As it stands, it seems that Momentum is the only completed "energy controller. How much time do we have before things need to be "finalized"?

Remove ads