OOC: Endur's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Xael

First Post
Endur said:
This would work. I'll make a post after you rest.
No horses or other living beings, or anything even remotedly valuable (wagon doesn't count) within 20 feet of the trunk when casting the spells.

Just making sure...

Endur

First Post
Are you mentioning your unidentified items to Lord Burne?
Are you mentioning any of the various evil artifacts, either the ones you brought with you (amulets, cloaks, etc.) or the ones you left behind to any NPCs?
Is anyone wearing the black cloaks or the amulets you found in the moathouse?

Pyrex

First Post
The above list for the Smith looks just fine.

Raner will keep his Cold Iron axe around though, not only is it something of a family heirloom, but he might need it to get through DR someday. :)

Though he doesn't worship the deities for which there are local temples, once funds are distributed Raner will make a donation (amount TBD) to both the Grove and to St. Cuthberts temple in thanks for aid rendered through Craven & Belaver.

Xael

First Post
Endur said:
Are you mentioning your unidentified items to Lord Burne?
Lylamwyn might mention them as a whole bunch if the conversation drifts to that direction, but no item in particular unless asked to. He doesn't think it's important or any of Lords' business at the moment.
Are you mentioning any of the various evil artifacts, either the ones you brought with you (amulets, cloaks, etc.) or the ones you left behind to any NPCs?
Lylamwyn tries to give Lord Burne and Rufus a through explanation of what they saw, heard and though about the Dark Obelisks, Portal, and other possible whatever-things I forgot. He doesn't really view the normal magic items important enough to mention at the moment.
Is anyone wearing the black cloaks or the amulets you found in the moathouse?
Not Lylamwyn at least.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Endur said:
"Are you going to pursue these evil cultists to Nulb and the Temple of Elemental Evil?"
Should Lylamwyn know something about Nulb? Like if it's a nest of hundreds of Eeevil cultists or something? Or should I start thinking that Burne knows something that I don't? Or have I just missed or forgot something (it happens)?

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Nulb is the ruined village you pass through if you take the road to the Temple of Elemental Evil.

Lylamwyn does not know anything about Nulb, except that the original group of heroes (Y'Dey, Otto, Elmo, etc.) fought villains there, the village is now abandoned, and its allegedly haunted.

Burne was assuming that you are going to follow the original T1-T4 route and clean out the Moathouse, Nulb, and then the Temple of Elemental Evil itself. Cultists always return to the scene of their past crimes, etc..

Xael said:
Should Lylamwyn know something about Nulb? Like if it's a nest of hundreds of Eeevil cultists or something? Or should I start thinking that Burne knows something that I don't? Or have I just missed or forgot something (it happens)?

There is no objective evidence you have seen that points to either Nulb or the original Temple of Elemental Evil. You have lots of insane ramblings that refer to a Temple, but that does not mean they are referring to the original Temple of Elemental Evil. They could be referring to TOEE or a different Temple.

Seonaid

Explorer
Haven't read IC yet, but Toriah has one of the holy symbols in one of his packs.

Addition: Did we do something with all the stuff in Xael's loot post? I can't remember and I'm too lazy to go back and look. Also, Toriah would like to get rid of his rapier since he has the +1 rapier now. It can go into the pile of stuff to sell/trade. He's also probably out of crossbow bolts and is currently at medium load, so if he could get better armor (than his current leather) that's light, he'd do that. I'm not sure if he'd do the studded leather. I don't have access to my sourcebooks until August, so I can't check on anything. If someone could post the stats of mw studded leather and encumbrance for Str 12, that would be lovely.

If Toriah does get different armor, he has a set of leather that he'd be adding to the pile as well. Not that that or the rapier are very exciting . . .

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Endur, FYI, the breaking point for threads is now 1,200 posts. (New server in all. :D )

Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep it in mind for the next breaking point.

This thread is continued in Endur's Return to TOEE part 2 ...

Remove ads