• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - Graverended Grimoire (House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen V)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Character Name: Kilcif “the Cunning”
Character Race: Bugbear
Character Classes: Humanoid 3/Barbarian 4/Ranger 4/ Rogue 5 (Class are in flux)
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Deity: Hruggek

I'm not certain if it will be helpful but since you asked for a page call it filler. ;) (There are some hooks in there but mostly for the surface world.)

The History of Kilcif said:
Background:
Kilcif the Cunning is a very dangerous individual that makes his living with his weapons prowess, wits, and skills. Even those in need of his unique services find him hard to deal with as his not someone anyone would hire based upon his personality as he’s a very gruff, ill tempered, cruel and borderline sadistic. Even with is bad attitude his wide range of skills, he has been hired from everything from bounty hunting and assassination to thievery and dungeon crawls, have brought him many coins and even some fame over his career. Kilcif's cete, a bugbear tribe or clan, is long dead and forgotten cause they harassed there neighbors one to many times. Its been rumored that Kilcif sold his cete location to the highest bidder, and while this is speculation as no one knows for sure besides Kilcif and he never talks about it is quite possible true as his fellow race despises him from some unspoken ill and his greed for coins is legendary, even for a bugbear. Even as the last member of his cete, Kilcif has dumped his tribal name in favor of his self-appointed nickname Kilcif “The Cunning”.

If the above example shows Kilcif instincts for survival, cunning, and skills it also shows a “man” of few allies and hundreds of enemies. Even with his more regular and powerful customers Kilcif would be hard pressed to be able to consider them allies an any “favors” asked would not be welcome and their “friendship” would not come freely or cheaply. Primarily among these customers are Klauth, whom Kilcif has done egg snatches for, and Laral of Mantol Derith, who he hunted down people in debt or people who have offended him in general. The only ally that Kilcif truly has is a small nomadic tribe of humans that makes its home the Evermoors and the hills in the area west of it. He saved this tribe’s livestock from a savage and especially organized pack of ogres. Though he was paid, and paid well, the tribe considers him a tribe hero and tribe member. This does nothing but baffle him. This hero warship leave a bad taste in the back of Kilcif mouth as he doesn’t like anyone to depend upon him nor does he like anyone to depend upon him. Also this hero warship had down nothing to promote goodness or love to Kilcif as he finds their friendship and their adoration to be a major annoyance and he’s unlikely to ever go there again yet alone ask the for a favor. Kilcif is a complete loner that considers no one his friend and trusts no one but part of his payment for his actions was a young maiden from the tribe, not that unusual for the tribe that is accustomed to given their daughters away as they can lead to a high population that can’t be supported. Kilcif was baffled by this act but was unable to give up Airezil, the young maiden, because of his greedy nature. Though Kilcif treats her poorly Airezil is completely loyal to Kilcif finding her appointment to be one of importance and honor. Airezil might be Kilcif only true friend in the world, though he finds even the thought of friendship to be one of annoyance. Usually when staying in towns for long periods of time Kilcif will find a job for Airezil. From bar wench to ditch digger she has done everything and anything that will make Kilcif a few coppers richer. Though he usually tries to find a place her at a place that her attractiveness can lead to more money, such as a tavern where the tips can add up quickly. Airezil find nothing wrong with this and is a diligent worker at whatever is asked of her.

Of Kilcif’s hundreds of enemies, the powerful Greyshadow family of surface elves, known for their strong warriors, rank among the top of the list as the Greyshadows have posted many bounties based upon Kilcif's description after the death of one of their more beloved sons, Alkin, but so far the bugbear heads brought to the family have been from the wrong body. Not only did Kilcif kill one of their sons destined for greatness but he also stole a family heirloom, Oath Slayer, a magical composite longbow. This bow is one of Kilcif most prized possessions and one that he has dedicated himself to using this remarkable bow with skill and procession.

Home Base: none, constantly on the move.
cohorts: none, at least none at the time of death.
lackeys: none, at least none at the time of death.
contracts Simply put wanted by mainly. (Previous History has one or two.) Wanted by Laral of Skullport for robbery, Crown Prince of the Duergar robbery. (Did with House Millithor)
Slaves: Airezil, left in Skullpoint, presumed dead or wishing she was. ;) (A young pretty human from a barbarian tribe, never stated out, history is included in the above quote.)
Endur's transition post: not mentioned, dead, presumably raping and pillage his way through the afterlife.
one year from the day of the Graverending Hopefuly reincarnation though this could have happened sometime before hand. (Which ever works best.)
relationships to the other characters none with House Morcane. Hired bodyguard for house Millithor. Things of note: Saved Carcelon life, once or twice. Dressed Narcelia in magical gear after her surprised return. And rightfully assumes that House Millithor owns him money for his work and of course repayment for the above favors and for his lost slave.

Chapter 1 Kilcif joined up with House Millithor robbing the above-mentioned prince of the Duergar, and making his former employer Laral look stupid in the progress. (Laral might be dead)

Chapter 2-4
For the rest of the game he kept close to the Matron, looked intimidating and broke people and things. (Never knew of the silence of Lolth until about 20 seconds before his death.

Honestly, I think all know enemies besides the above-mentioned prince are dead. Maybe the others will remember facts that I don't and I will look back when I get more time. Kilcif was always a background character and never really spoke much or stuff as it simply wasn't his place to do so... Obviously allot has changed in a year so it should be interesting. :D

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
I think quite a few of Kilcif's enemies are "undead", not dead. :)

Laral is also still among the living.

Brother Shatterstone said:
Honestly, I think all know enemies besides the above-mentioned prince are dead

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Pyrex, how do you think we should set up the House? Narcelia, of course, would be more than willing to do it all herself, but I think we should plan it together. Should we re-establish ourselves at home? What did the Millithors do before the Silence?

Isida: Morcane is another drow House, most of whom are dead. PA is playing Tierak (who is 5'3" and 108 pounds, whoa! :)), a cleric of the House.

For that matter, how should we work the inter-House relationship, PA and Pyrex?

Edit: You all can weigh in on this, since it's a group effort. :)

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Endur said:
I think quite a few of Kilcif's enemies are "undead", not dead. :)

Hardy Har Har, I meant as in a continued existence... ;)

Endur said:
Laral is also still among the living.

Cool I knew his place went up in smoke but I couldn't remember if he was among it.

Seonaid said:
Edit: You all can weigh in on this, since it's a group effort.

I think Tierak should get to go first consider how much she weighs... :p

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Seonaid said:
Pyrex, how do you think we should set up the House? Narcelia, of course, would be more than willing to do it all herself, but I think we should plan it together. Should we re-establish ourselves at home? What did the Millithors do before the Silence?

That's a very good question. ATM, Narcelia holds the title of Matron Millithor and Tierak holds the title of Matron Morcane, but where the game ended those titles are pretty meaningless.

One or both of you might consider taking the 'Landlord' and/or 'Leadership' feats and using them to reestablish the house.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Xael said:
He sent the Devil-lawyer, remember? :)
Obviously not... :p

Pyrex said:
One or both of you might consider taking the 'Landlord' and/or 'Leadership' feats and using them to reestablish the house.

You know you could always sneak in and take it also, as it would be pretty interesting to see how Carcelon and Narcelia interact cause of that... :)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
We're easily powerful enough to rebuild the houses without those feats; particularly Tierak, who has ready access to Limited Wishes and the possible use of a one-time Wish via sacrifices. I'd imagine that the two houses would remain separate, but allied; it's also possible that the younger of the Millithor daughters would split off and form her own house. If no other loyal clerics of power remain in Mezoberranzan, but there's even a fraction of a surviving population, we could simply move in, sacrifice any treacherous or competitive priestesses, and declare ourselves the ruling triumvirate of the city, install Quertus as head of the wizard's college, Torellan head of Melee Magthere, etc. Or, we could found a new city, using magic in abundance to manufacture it, and draw in only the best and brightest of drow, plus enough commoners and goblinoids for the scutwork.

Xael

First Post
Pyrex said:
Or you could just ask Quertus to cast Wall of Stone, (Greater) Stone Shape, Fabricate, Disintegrate, Phase Door, etc. gazillion times and build a fortress.

Besides, who would sponsor us?

Last edited:

Remove ads