Pathfinder 2E [OOC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Pathfinder 2 Playtest Adventure. (Closed)

Backpack
A backpack can hold up to 4 Bulk worth of items. If you are carrying or stowing a backpack rather than wearing it on your back, it has light Bulk instead of negligible.

Does this mean 4 bulk becomes 0 bulk? And you can carry a backpack basically for 4 free bulk?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Backpack
A backpack can hold up to 4 Bulk worth of items. If you are carrying or stowing a backpack rather than wearing it on your back, it has light Bulk instead of negligible.

Does this mean 4 bulk becomes 0 bulk? And you can carry a backpack basically for 4 free bulk?

No. The backpack itself has no bulk if you're wearing it (other than the stuff inside of it) and a light bulk if you're carrying it (plus the stuff inside).

Of course, that's not clear as written, but it IS what they intend.

The odd thing is they are calling it bulk, not weight. So a backpack, IMO, would reduce bulkiness. It's how the army can pack a 90 pound kit and go on a hike. The weight is distributed such that it is easier to carry. A backpack could reduce X bulk to less bulk (Not zero). But they didn't do that.

GreenKarl, if you've fixed the speed issue, you can post in the RG.

EarlyBird, aside from the greatclub being annoying I think you are ready for the RG as well.

Name:Elkran Snarklesnit
A/B/C:Goblin, Renegade, Sorceror 1
Align: CG, Deity: The Ever Burning Flame? Pick one from the book
Languages: Common, Goblin
Perception: +2 (T), Darkvision
AC: 13 TAC: 13
HP: 13/13, Resonance: 5/5
Speed: 25 ft, Hero Points: 1

STR 10 +0, DEX 16 +3, CON 12 +1
INT 10 +0, WIS 12 +1, CHA 18 +4

FORT +2 (T), REF +4 (T), WILL +3 (T) Will should be Expert (E), not (T)

{combat section - no need for a heading}

Skills: Just about all of these are +1 too high. Trained is +0 + level = +1 total, untrained is -2 + level = -1 total
Acrobatics (T)+5
Arcana (T) +2
Athletics +0
Crafting (T) +5
Deception (T) +6
Diplomacy (T) +6
Intimidation(T) +6
Lore, Criminal (T) +2
Medicine +1
Nature +1
Occultism (T)+2
Performance +4
Religion +1
Society (T) +2
Stealth (T) +5
Survival +1
Thievery (T) +5 How are you trained in so many skills. Sorcerer is only 5 + Int MOD = 5 for Elkran

Armor: none {untrained in all armor}

Weapons: {trained in simple weapons}
Dagger +4 1d4 P, Agile, Finesse, Thrown 10, Versatile S
Crossbow +4 1d8 P, 120' range, Reload:1, Bulk 1, Hands 2, Bow

I think I never checked this sheet.

Okay, I think we have 5 people with approved characters:

Kaodi: Male Half-Orc "Esoteric Scion" Cleric 1 (for a later game: male dwarf "budding osirionologist" wizard 1)
Chairwoman Gene: human "family friend" fighter 1
Radaceus: goblin sorceror 1
FitzTheRuke: Female Human (Tian)"pathfinder hopeful" rogue 1
GreenKarl: human alchemist 1

I'm going to open IC #1 sometime tomorrow. We'll get Radaceus' sheet finished by the time he appears in the IC.

Radaceus

Adventurer
oops i missed the -2 for untrained.

and i get crafting +4 skills for bloodline.
Criminal lore from background
thievery from ancestry.
and the other 4 from ancestry?
I'm not able to check untik I get home from work...

Radaceus

Adventurer
I didn't realize sorcerers were such skill hounds.

me neither..i double checked ( except missing the -2) it a few times, as i was not sure if it was correct myself...anyhow here is the breakdown:

SKills trained (11)
Backcround: (1) Criminal Lore
Sorceror Class: trained in (5 +Int mod (0))=(5) skills (Acrobatics, Deception, Occultism, Stealth, Thievery)
Bloodline signature skills (5):
~ Crafting
~ One or more determined by your bloodline (Bloodline Signature Skills: You are trained in the listed
skills and add them to your signature skills).
~~Imperial Bloodline=(4) Arcana, Diplomacy, Intimidation, Society

--------------

I guess the skill hound thing is an offset for the the small amount of spells :)

Remove ads